IBKR margin increase.... Again / other brokers suggestions

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by Sellingvol, May 13, 2021.

1. So I have been a client with ib (portfolio marigin account) for many years,and progressively they increased the initial and maintanance margin for option sellers for the past 2 years. Now it has it creased by 30% since yesterday, which will reduce my profits yet again...

Would appreciate any suggestions on either other brokerages who's margin requirements are smaller for primarily spx and single name option selling. Or is it possible to negotiate some deal with ib to reduce the requirements.

Thanks

murray t turtle likes this.
  2. Robert Morse

Robert Morse Sponsor

Feel free to contact me directly to see if we are a good fit. My email address is below.

murray t turtle likes this.
  3. %%
    Sounds like single name margin increase is right/ wouldn't you do the same if you were the broker /owner??
    NOT sure why they would increase SPX margin, especially noW?? I think that's maybe why IBKR has suggest 2 brokers. Most any broker can be good in some areas\except etrade.

4. Thanks you both for the response, single name initial margin increases are standard but only when stock gets volatile, the important part is that they are not Permanent. They also significantly increased I'm for spx in August which was permanent. And now again a permanent increase. Plus last year they also started charging exposure fee. Depending on which part of the curve u operate in, the combination of these things changes your pnl profile.