IBKR Lite?

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by lindq, Jul 30, 2020.

1. lindq

lindq

I recently switched one of my IB accounts to IBKR lite to see what it's all about.

Using the same TWS classic platform, I see an instrument quoting in real time.

But, when I create a new trading order, the real time quote freezes.

Is this standard with Lite? Something to do with no data fees? Or are there settings that need to be changed?

What's been your experience?

2. are you using their value snapshot and streaming qouote or did you actually subscribe to market data?

3. lindq

lindq

No, I did not subscribe to data. If a subscription is required, I will just return to PRO.

Possibly that's my problem.

Although with LITE, it was my understanding that streaming quotes are free.

4. no, you don't need to be a pro to subscribe to market data. you can subscribe to market data as lite

the free option for snapshot and value stream is a value add from IB, but generally speaking if you want the market data from the exchange, then you should subscribe to it, for all brokers

5. The streaming / consolidated data for Lite Users in TWS has some serious bugs. I would suggest adding your data sub for better performance. Appears to be fine in the mobile app.

6. realtrades

realtrades

But if one is going to pay for market data, should you not then just go with pro since lite sells order flow?

7. idk, if anything it's more of a reason for market data so you can assess the quality of your fill

8. manic

manic

Does anyone know if IBKR Lite sells order flow for options?

9. becool

becool

Did you say on LITE or go to PRO?