IBKR Lite now has access to TWS

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by damoonrulz1, Dec 23, 2019.

1. I just noticed this thread. I must be out of the loop

Anyone actually switch to Lite and stay with TWS ???

Also, how are the executions using LITE. I'd expect them to be equal to the Pro version for 99% of trading.

Last edited: Feb 14, 2020
    #21     Feb 14, 2020
  2. shfly

shfly

No API...yet!?

#22     Feb 15, 2020
  3. ET has 50,000 daily users (i checked) and not one of you the decency to answer ?

Very confusing wordage on the ib page saying TWS not available to Broker clients

Nice. Very clear.

Again, anyone using the free platform and TWS, or are you all just getting rishhhh with SPCE options ?

#23     Feb 17, 2020
  4. def

def Sponsor

The API is not currently available for LITE and I do not believe there are any immediately plans to make it available to LITE clients.

#24     Feb 17, 2020
  5. Hey def how are you? Does IBKR LITE through TWS get the same execution quality as IBKR PRO?

Asking for the off chance IBKR LITE comes to Canada. :D

#25     Feb 17, 2020
  6. El_Cubano

El_Cubano

It's almost certainly never coming to Canada.

And the execution quality by definition won't be the same as it will be routed to high frequency firms as that's how they're able to make it zero commission

#26     Feb 17, 2020
    d08 likes this.
  7. They already said they are considering Canada on one of their earnings conference calls.

#27     Feb 17, 2020
  8. El_Cubano

El_Cubano

They'll be "considering" for a long ass time. Watch

#28     Feb 17, 2020
  9. GotherL

GotherL

Anyone in Canada has open an account with them? What type of identification do they require? Is it just your bank statement that is needed? I don't have any ID with picture on it besides OHIP and I somehow lost my birth certificate. However, I do have a photo of me holding my birth certificate wonder if that would work.

#29     Jun 14, 2020