IBKR is on the move today and guess what? It aint up

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by blowingup2012, Apr 20, 2012.

1. I need to contact them to ask why that's not showing.

I've given them the AUM level, so I've noticed the top CTA lists don't show any AUM (and update once per quarter), so I'm not sure if that's what you're seeing, one of those lists, or looking at the returns posted.

Really, guys would suck my dick for the returns I've gotten my investors.

#31     May 11, 2012
  2. I wouldn't solicit for that, here.

$30k last time I checked.

#32     May 11, 2012
  3. We keep QuantMaster around there, but the CMA portion is aggregated, and it's much larger in size AUM wise.

Think they'll update it next quarter.

#33     May 11, 2012
  4. Part IV, number 3 is ticked "Yes".

That's basically IB saying: yes we're late because the results are going to be very different, and have a look at the April filing to figure out why.

Should we IB clients be worried? hehe.. :/

#34     May 12, 2012
  5. fred1

fred1

interactivebrokers is the best broker in the world. there is no company that even comes close.

it provides everything for a seasoned trader that normally only professionals traders have.

the tws solution is excellent in my opinion. if you know what you do you will be able to do anything that you can do with a different solution. most of those software providers charge a lot of money. their solution is crap. once i bought one of those popular front end solutions for ib. after one month i returned it and used tws again. it crashed repeatedly and it was too tedious to operate. i use tws a lot and i love it more and more every day i use it.
    it is solid, never crashes in more than ten years of use, runs on any operating system.

i love the fact that i can exchange my cash into any currency at almost interbank rates, i can send free ach and even free wires once a month. everything is just awesome at ib. i do even use it for trading futures. their charting is the best, even trading conditional orders from the chart is easy to do.

if those ib trashers can recommend a different brokerage that does everything better and cheaper and also provides a free software solution that runs on any platform, i will switch tomorrow.

unfortunately that does not exist anywhere in the world...

#35     May 12, 2012
  6. I'm a fan of IB too but that's just rubbish. Their charting is the worst, but that's ok since all their other services are great, and there are a lot of better charting apps out there. I use their API anyway for automated trading so i dont see them much, but when I do use charts, I appreciate the fact that orders to IB can be sent via a number of other platforms that are much more functional.

Anyway, this isn't a thread about how good IB's services are, it's about figuring out what's up with their earnings and what the future of the company may be.

#36     May 12, 2012
  7. Options12

Options12 Guest

Trading gains dropped significantly year-over-year. From $200 million to $137 million. Maybe this is the reason for the late filing.

#37     May 12, 2012
  8. fred1

fred1

good products and services will have many customers and finally earnings and stock prices will follow ceteris paribus.

some people here believe that products/services of a company and financial success are disconnected? really?

ib has excellent charting. i perfer it over ninjatrader or sierracharts or other very expensive products. i make money using ib tws that is all that matters to me.

#38     May 12, 2012
  9. Agreed. The range of products and ease of integration rivals a lot of insto offerings, and is unmatched by any retail broker. Not that they're perfect. Just better then anything else out there in terms of multi-asset multi-market DMA.

#39     May 12, 2012
  10. Xena

Xena

Try using Amibroker as front end.

Xena

#40     May 12, 2012