IBKR (Interactive Brokers) getting POUNDED!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by chewbacca, Mar 17, 2008.

1. TGM

TGM

It should would suck to withdraw all your dough from IB and then have your bank go belly up. LOL. That would be my luck.

I have more faith in IB and many futures fcm's than local banks. IB was started on Timberhills infrastructure and I have always had respect for Timberhills risk management.

#51     Mar 17, 2008
  2. Good question!

I did the same, by about 2/5ths. I also felt a bit silly but we're supposed to be risk-averse, right?

#52     Mar 17, 2008
  3. Cutten

Cutten

I bought a few of the March $25 puts on Friday for $0.10. Sold from $2 to $5.30 today.

I've picked up some $15 puts and $30 calls cheapish - let's see how it plays out.

IMO IB is solid, they are specifically set up to weather this kind of market turmoil. If they go bust then it will be because the whole banking system is going bust.

#53     Mar 17, 2008
  4. BCE

BCE

Nice trades. Hope you're right about IB as I still have funds there and do want to trade this market.

#54     Mar 17, 2008
  5. dsq

dsq

yup...but it would be nice if people showed actual prints on big trades/gains ro losses cause so many here make claims and its hard to know what to beleive....I dont understan how somebody says they bought a lot of stock then hold hold for substantial losses only to hold onto to it till it goes positive?I thought everybody used stop losses???

#55     Mar 17, 2008
  6. I am also in the "blindly buy it, its IB" group. My only regret is not buying more :(

#56     Mar 17, 2008
  7. danoXP

danoXP

8. BCE

BCE

#58     Mar 17, 2008
  9. Funny that you guys claim how solid IB is but everyone is making withdrawals to check if rumors are true.

#59     Mar 17, 2008
  10. I agree with this.

Your money is a lot safer with IB... than with your sleazy American bank.

Also... 10 page thread and no one mentions:

(a) Retail Customer accounts are segregated

(b) Retail Customer accounts are SIPC insured

When Refco went bankrupt...
    I had a retail futures account...
    And got ALL of my money promptly...
    Because retail accounts are segregated.

#60     Mar 17, 2008