IBKR (Interactive Brokers) getting POUNDED!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by chewbacca, Mar 17, 2008.

1. RAY

RAY

Well,

I must admit. I went ahead and reduced my IB account balances by 2/3rd's.

I still have the funds to continue operations at my current levels (position sizes).

I made this decision when IBKR was making new all time lows... I had visions of IB/Timberhill blackswan with option positions, and the stock (at the time) was not telling me otherwise.

I have confidence in IB. I still have a substantial amount of money across more than one account. I just didn't want to lose "my" liquidity (even if it were only a day) A nice percentage of my net worth was there.

I kinda felt silly doing it... That is until the email and bulletin. I wonder if that increased or decreased transfers?

BTW: I am not all doom and gloom; I sold LEH puts today.

#41     Mar 17, 2008
  2. Due an ACH and transfer your money to your checking account. Better to be safe than sorry you can always put it back no problem.

#42     Mar 17, 2008
  3. Just got mine, I moved 2/3 out last Thusday. I will put it back when I'm good and ready.

#43     Mar 17, 2008
  4. DON'T TRUST ANYONE IN THIS BUSINESS

#44     Mar 17, 2008
  5. atticus - i would hold at least a portion of those 10k shares as an investment

Thomas Peterffy is a god - he would never allow is firm to take insane risks.....IBKR is rock solid.

#45     Mar 17, 2008
  6. They should have never went public. The should have stayed private.

It's just to easy to drive them out of business now that they are public.

#46     Mar 17, 2008
  7. I withdrew Thursay before 1:00pm cst, and it was their Friday morning when I woke up.

I have never had any problem getting my money out of IB.

#47     Mar 17, 2008
  8. Just thinking out loud. If IB were not safe, what broker is? GS, UBS, MES, MER? Can any broker be called 'rock solid' right now? I have my doubts.

#48     Mar 17, 2008
  9. BCE

BCE

I'm with you guys and that's why I did it. But MAESTRO, who I really respect, in another thread, said his group has millions over there and he's not worried so that was reassuring. Just being cautious. :)

#49     Mar 17, 2008
  10. just21

just21

Tp didn't show up in the Forbes rich list either.

#50     Mar 17, 2008