IBKR (Interactive Brokers) getting POUNDED!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by chewbacca, Mar 17, 2008.

1. I doubt if there's any "news". Brokers are all under pressure to one degree or another. And chances are they are all facing withdrawals to one degree or another as well.

OldTrader

#11     Mar 17, 2008
  2. client#9

client#9

I hope that's the rumor and that it's false. But it looks like there's some connection to mf pnsn and maybe a couple others as they all started tanking at the same time.

Kind of surprised these stocks are getting clocked and nobody seems to know what for.

#12     Mar 17, 2008
  3. I can confirm that it's NOT true. My wife initiated a wire on Saturday which was received this morning.

#13     Mar 17, 2008
  4. my guess is margin calls related to the BSC implosion.

but who the hell knows. bedlam

#14     Mar 17, 2008
  5. mokwit

mokwit

They are probably not all one if the biggest options market makers.

#15     Mar 17, 2008
  6. Business as usual. Why do you need to worry about unless you have a big account?

The whole financial sector is under fire

#16     Mar 17, 2008
  7. I didn't say there weren't rumors. Undoubtedly there are plenty of those. I thought the question had to do with the "news". You don't need news to move a stock, especially a brokerage stock after the Bear situation.

Oldtrader

#17     Mar 17, 2008
  8. $24.10, still long. It's not a secret that IBKR's prop-trading has a long-gamma mandate. Their losses, if they've suffered any, would be the result of margin loan deficits.

#18     Mar 17, 2008

9. How do u know they are long gamma? Isnt market maker suppose to do both side?

#19     Mar 17, 2008
  10. I wasn't aware that IB even did this. So they are acting as a MM in options these days, instead of as just a broker?

#20     Mar 17, 2008