IBKR green today

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by stock777, Jul 26, 2007.

1. sorry I was wrong.

+ 6 %. But since you bought it on my timely mention, you knew that

You see, unlike some posters here, its not about long , convoluted diatribes claiming great wisdom.

It's about being RIGHT.

Yeah.

#11     Jul 27, 2007
  2. Please refrain from continuing to publicly pat yourself on the back. Excluding this post, you have made 8 out of 11 posts within this subject.

Next trade.

:D

#12     Jul 27, 2007
  3. Did they happen to mention what the size of the 2 Hedge Funds that signed up for IB prime?

From what I could gather on their site IB prime is actually offered by every other broker out there and if the "approval" process is anything like their process of setting up an execution only account then nobody is going to waste their time with it.

I worked for a hedge fund and we tried to get an execution agreement in place with our prime broker a little over a year ago and IB made all these absurd demands and we just walked away.

Maybe it's changed, who knows but I still would be interested in hearing what the size of assets are for the new accounts.

It could be 5 million and in that case who cares. It's a retail account.

#13     Jul 27, 2007
  4. rayl

rayl

No, as that discussion was a slip so he stopped himself. I'd assume that with 8+B in customer equity and a targetted team going after 10 accounts, they'd have to be sizeable. (Well, I'd hope!)

TP also explained why he bought the Altana claim. Not sure I completely buy the explanation but am glad that word got back that he should provide some insight to the street!

#14     Jul 27, 2007
  5. As far as taking the loss, there is definately something in it for him, it's certainly wasn't out of kindness.

Their focus needs to be on the institutional business if they want to grow.

#15     Jul 27, 2007
  6. Owning 75% of the company he has a substantial interest in keeping the peace with shareholders. The loss sounds like a well calculated plan by a very intelligent trader that identified the opportunity. Now that he owns the claim (IBKR owner here) I hope the people on the other side get to keep the gains. There is no better lesson than taking a loss. You always remember the losses.

Strong insider-ownership is definitely a plus ( on average) when investing in a company.

#16     Jul 27, 2007
  7. One thing I cannot understand: Why would a trader ever praise his broker? Is the trader thankful that the broker let him make some money?

#17     Jul 27, 2007
  8. If that was directed towards me, neither my firm nor myself have any affiliation with IB other than owning stock in it as of the close of business today.

#18     Jul 27, 2007
  9. No, it wasn't directed at you.
    I've seen people here praising IB and can't understand why, even if they're "happy with IB."

#19     Jul 27, 2007
  10. good chance for IBKR to be green again on monday unless
    there is a major market meltdown

BARRONS gave it two small but positive mentions

with interesting logic behind them

#20     Jul 28, 2007