IBD SwingTrader statistics availabe?

Discussion in 'Strategy Building' started by qlai, Mar 18, 2018.

1. qlai

qlai

Are there any statistics on Investor's Business Daily's SwingTrader? I would assume their strategy would do great during this strong bull market, but I can't find any stats.

2. eurusdzn

eurusdzn

Does iBD actually have rule based entries and exists on their listed , featured stocks?
    I thought they provided a list of stocks clearly in established up trend and wrote about
    chart patters and stock, sector and market behavioir that is more likely to produce trend continuation.

3. qlai

qlai

Looking at it some more, I think the reason stats not available is because it's just a alert service - no hypothetical portfolio is traded, so there is no money management/position sizing.

4. qlai

qlai

Well, I got an answer in one of their ads, but no details :) Disclaimer: This is NOT an endorsement! I'm NOT recommending this service, just curious if anyone followed it and how it did historically. I do think CAN SLIM is a valid approach to trading and O'Neils' book is very good read of any inspiring trader IMHO.

upload_2018-3-19_18-17-26.png

5. ironchef

ironchef

Mr. murray t turtle, where are you? You always quoted IBD and O'Neil, perhaps you can clarify for us?

6. Maverick74

Maverick74

They have an ETF you can track that follows a rules based approach, FFTY. It's up 33.5% over the last year.