IBD RS historical testing

Discussion in 'Strategy Building' started by rcatch, Nov 9, 2022.

1. rcatch

rcatch

Hi all,

IBD RS is a percentile ranking based on a stock’s past year performance among the whole US stock universe. It’s unique in its proven capability to predict its future advances. I’d like to incorporate it into my systems for historical testing first. The formula is simple and in public domain.

So the first thought is if there is any data provider that has historical RS data. My guess is no. Next then is to find a software that’s capable of creating and storing the RS data for each symbol and every trading day. This is what I am asking here. Not sure if there is a third solution.

Thanks for your input!

Steve

murray t turtle likes this.
  2. ZBZB

ZBZB

3. ZBZB

ZBZB

4. rcatch

rcatch

Thank you! I am sure IBD provides historical RS as well as all their other proprietary data to institutional investors at a price doesn’t make sense to us:)

5. %%
    HERE is the free formulae;
    more RS is better, just have a stop loss.:caution::caution:
    Good thing for me i never wasted time with that Random Walker Down Wall Street or his book.
    Single stocks are not a gamble, even though that random walker in WSJ calls them that.
    But i also would have time limit to prove if i wanted to use RS or single stocks picking; compared to DIA,SPY QQQ returns.
    Non of this is a gamble or random walk; not would i want to attempt part time brain surgery.
    Wisdom is profitable to direct

6. ZBZB

ZBZB

179 or 199 a month.

7. rcatch

rcatch

Do you have a link for this? Thanks!

8. ZBZB

ZBZB

just ask them, the trial is $19.95

9. rcatch

rcatch

S
    So it’s MarketSmith? As far as I know it’s a software for discretionary trading with no historical data for strategy test purposes

10. MarketSmith has historical data... but backtesting would be manual, and you cant really sort historical data..
    I believe they offer API, so maybe for those who know how to use it

#10     Dec 26, 2022