IBD Etfs

Discussion in 'ETFs' started by iprph90, Apr 18, 2018.

1. iprph90

iprph90

Anyone have thoughts on IBD etfs- FFTY, LDRS?

2. truetype

truetype

CANSLIM Select Growth Fund has been around much longer. It outperformed in 2008 (by staying flat) but has lagged the S&P in recent years.

cangx.PNG

3. iprph90

iprph90

According to Morningstar CANGX fund holds 80% US equities, 12% bonds, 6% non-US stocks. 1.42% expenses. Yield only 0.19%. That might explain the return VS S&P 500.
    Thanks for the info.

4. iprph90

iprph90

Since inception in 2015 FFTY has outperformed the S&P 500 by almost 10%.

5. sorry to say it's not as easy as it sounds. I think the I50 EFT is quite volatile.

the stocks on the IBD 50 list are selected by computer. some of the selections are quite "stupid" in my opinion.
    a lot of people follow the IBD 50 stocks. As a result, I think big money has manipulated those stocks. there have been some spectacular ugly gap-downs.

6. iprph90

iprph90

7. FFTY has been very good for the most part. LDRS hasn't had much success yet.

8. I doubt there's any ETF that's a perfect buy-and-hold.

Screen Shot 04-24-18 at 09.51 PM.PNG Screen Shot 04-24-18 at 09.51 PM 001.PNG Screen Shot 04-24-18 at 09.52 PM.PNG

9. Yes; expect it to beat GE +the S&P 500/SPY over time , more of a roller coaster. NOT a stock tip/prediction.Good question; volume is trending up 52 weeks also:cool::cool::cool::cool::cool:

10. iprph90

iprph90

I spoke with Innovative Funds last week. My specific question and concern was if FFTY would have the ability to go into "cash" for some part of the portfolio if the market entered a bear market scenario. The answer I got was: "good question" and he kinda/sorta skated the question, although not ruling it out.

I have subscribed to IBD Swing Trader for a trial period and if the overall market is trending down, they slow down or stop recommending stock buys- hence my question to Innovative funds.

He seemed to be more specific with the LDRS since if the top performing ETFs are trending on a monthly basis towards "cash/bond" positions, then that's what the fund buys. Again, ETFs in LDRS are only repositioned once monthly. For FFTY the stocks they are repositioned once weekly.

Please correct me if I made any errors.

#10     Apr 30, 2018
    murray t turtle likes this.