IBD - Canslim Performance

Discussion in 'Strategy Building' started by condorll, Aug 4, 2007.

1. Sashe

Sashe

IBD 100 is the most overrated stock list to go long.

2. I've always contended a mutual fund couldn't apply CANSLIM properly. Too much money to invest, and it should only be invested in companies with about 20 million shares outstanding or less? Yah, good luck with that.

3. bid83

bid83

Where can one find "follow through days" on the net, besides being an IBD subscriber.
    My subscription has lapsed and I have other software, but like to track "follow through" and "distribution" days.

Thanks in advance

4. Brandonf

Brandonf Sponsor

Thats a poor proxy to use as to how a person who is correctly using the Canslim method is doing. I think I do a good job applying it, and while until the recent decline (which I made nearly 14% on) I was underperforming the market for the first time since 1998, there are reasons outside of CANSLIM method for my performance. I suspect that people using it could be having a bit of hard time anyway since this has been a large cap rally, and CANSLIM is best @ finding great mid cap and small cap (esp IMHO Microcap) stocks, one year does not a method make. That is to say, even the best traders have off years, and even the best methods (which is not to say CANSLIM is the best, though I think its a great <b>FOUNDATION</b>) do too.

5. Brandonf

Brandonf Sponsor

I would agree with that, its also an excellent place to find short candidates when things turn ugly, that does not make the method's overall long term performance any less impressive though.

Brandon

PS. I'm defending them even though the bastards sued me for simply saying O'Neil influenced the development of my trading. You can probably find the judgement for $1000 or $10,000 they have against me (I cant remember which it is because on principle I would cut my balls off before I pay them for having given them free promotion and tens of thousands of dollars in clients) I HATE IBD the company, CANSLIM the method though is valid.

6. LOL yes :D

7. Bid83 I am lookin for it myself

8. Hey Brandon, hope you're well... Anyway, my question is:

WTF???!!!!

They actually sued you for saying O'Neil influenced you? What a horrible use of the legal system that was.

I don't know if you can talk much about that but that is the first I've ever heard of such a thing. That's like a band getting sued by musician X for saying X was an influence, when in fact it is a compliment to X...

9. Brandonf

Brandonf Sponsor

That is what I thought, but they did not agree. I said it on a commercial site and their opinion was that I was cashing in on the good will and brand they had built and that it could harm them. I still dont see any harm, and in fact I know of over 100 people who subsribe or subscribed to IBD and or Daily Graphs on me telling them to do so..but sometimes life is silly. When I talked to their attorney he said that they had to go after everyone coz if they did not it could be used against them in the future if someone is really seriously abusing the brand.

Brandon

#10     Aug 10, 2007