IBD 100 Weekly List

Discussion in 'Educational Resources' started by Comptalk, Aug 24, 2008.

1. LEAPup

LEAPup

I noticed this as well. Is IBD slipping?

I've paper traded the top 100 before, and wasn't at all exited with the results.

I'd like to keep confidence in IBD, but it's starting to fade somewhat.

#11     Aug 27, 2008
  2. wave

wave

Theres a little trick to the IBD 100 list. If the stocks on the IBD 100 are trading at or above their fair values then look to short them. If they are trading under their fair values, then buy them. Compare the fair values with the 52-week highs of the 100 list and you will start to notice a pattern. If you take the time to study what drives the entry into the list, you will make money. Earnings drives price appreciation. Concentrate on earnings and you will catch these runs before they hit the list.

#12     Aug 27, 2008
  3. but it's starting to fade somewhat.
    ----------------

On a somewhat similar thought, I out grew it.

#13     Aug 27, 2008
  4. IBD is top quality as far as financial news IMO. I think it depends on where we are in the bullish cycle. At the beginning stages of the new bullish cycle you can find some great stocks and ride them for a while. On the other hand at or near the end of the bullish cycle it isn't as effective.

#14     Aug 27, 2008
  5. Pauly

Pauly

1. You can get the IBD 100 for $1.50 on Sat and Sun in your area. Go to investors.com, look on left hand side, click on retail locations. Here's a link: http://www.ibdretail.com/

2. The IBD 100 isn't giving you stocks to invest in, it's giving you the strongest stocks. That's an important distinction. Read their writings carefully. Their only "buy" recommendations are the "squared" stocks in the IBD 100, which are normally only about 10 of the 100 stocks. Read their documents to figure it out.

3. They're great to learn from. Read their books - great stuff. And watch their web videos under "media" on their website. Learn their system and then follow their lead. When you do that, CANSLIM is a great method.

#15     Aug 27, 2008