IBcharts.com app alerts

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by mokwit, Jun 4, 2005.

1. mokwit

mokwit

Anyone using this app and able to get the alert function to trigger?

One thing I cannot get to work is the audio (.wav, or for that matter any) alert when a block of a certain size trades (e.g 100 lot) - as far as I can tell everything is set up correctly but it never triggers. I assume 'vol' is last trade size not cumulative vol.

Just to clarify I mean the third party app ibcharts from IBcharts.com that connects to TWS via socket - nothing to do with java charts or backfill.

2. Why use IBcharts when something like Quotetracker is availiable for free? QT has all kinds of easy to use alerts plus hundreds of other great features. Not affiliated but a happy user.

3. mokwit

mokwit

I agree, it's very useful - especially being able to set different .wav files for different stocks/alets, but it is so useful for stocks I am using it for non TWS feed and it can only take data from one feed at a time. Need block alert for TWS HSI futs.

4. terr

terr

QuoteTracker can take data from as many feeds simultaneously as you like. Just go to the Portfolio menu, click on the "New Portfolio Window", select a different portfolio from the main one and set its source to be the feed that you like.