IBCharts and Charting software

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by Trader_Herry, Aug 23, 2006.

1. QT rocks. Went back and forth for a couple of years but have settled into quotetracker. Dont know exactly why but I like it. Support cannot be surpassed by anyone, imo.

#11     Aug 25, 2006
  2. #12     Aug 25, 2006
  3. No

#13     Aug 25, 2006
  4. I have to agree with you that IB charts is not fast enough to place/amend orders,searching for symbols etc.
    with TWS trade /data window (2/3 pages)opened in the back ground,
    MedVed QT blasting 5-10 charts is a better choice compared to IB charts since you can not run 2 API in the same pc (does it allow?)
    with out crashing!
    I have to vote for QT only for the overall performance.
    For all the people who will not touch less than Pent4 3.0/Dual core?/1GB ram type of PC- here is a surprising tale !!
    please note I use 2 stone age PIII PC/368mb ram /17"CRT from the bygone era.Iam sitting like 10000 miles away from Newyork.
    Iam using one 64mb ADSL broadband(less than 256 is not really broadband) for the both pc/s (thro Dlink router)
    In this one connection I also hear CNBC (US version) some times thro web cast.I listen to woodie's CCI audio chat +chart web cast too.
    2 P3 pcs running 2 editions of QT nicely from two broker feed!
    Long live Medved!!
    From this remote third world gondwana land ,in the middle of the night ,Iam scalping Spy/iwm /dia options nicely in split second speed!!
    I have a big wish list of hardware/dual monitors etc.But surviving nicely now. just expressing this fact to show that TWS/QT can be used in relic pcs also.

#14     Aug 26, 2006
  5. Have you considered upgrading your computer?

It appears you will be at a disadvantage when competing with others. Delays of seconds will kill you, especially if you daytrade.

#15     Aug 26, 2006
  6. I don't mean that the answer is obvious, but the question is. You might assume that at least 90% of all traders have been looking for a charting program at some point so a little searching on this and other forums would be better. I did not get the impression that you did any homework.
    Because it works right out of the box and has many many useful indicators that are intuitively adjusted. All other packages I tried were either too simplistic or so complicated that I couldn't even get a simple chart connected to IB.
    QT has room for improvement too, could use saveable workspaces for quickly changing setup.
    But in general it is the most adaptable and simple to use of all the ones I've seen. Not free, but not expensive either. Mr Medved seems to know what he's doing.

Ursa..

#16     Aug 26, 2006

7. cnbc has a webcast? do tell..

#17     Aug 26, 2006
  8. I agree with you that Iam penny wise & pound foolish.Sure computers are not as cheap like in the US where you get a nice machine with 17"LCD for even $300.
    Since Iam always going in between the bid/ask & some times grab the small size offer/bid(not offered by market maker)
    faster broad band+ a better pc with dual monitor is a must!
    another broad band(different provider) with 2 new pcs has to be done quite soon.
    My daily average target profit is $250.
    It will pay itself in a couple of days.

#18     Aug 26, 2006
  9. I forgot to mention this is cnbc UK audio web cast.But during US pre open/Open /close,they run the us feed.
    I'll post the free web link later this week end(it is in the other pc)
    my local tv runs local stuff all the time & US feed comes after 12.30Am but with too many local advts.It is of no use.
    I listen to bloomberg radio(web) but it is not same as the bloommberg tv which is quite visual depiction of prices.
    Bloomberg TV (Uk,Hong kong/japan/US) versions comes nicely thro web.
    But it grabs too much web band width.
    In the next planned broad band connection,should run bloomberg web tv with out disturbing my trading pc speed/band width.

#19     Aug 26, 2006
  10. #20     Aug 26, 2006