Ib

Discussion in 'Options' started by dagnyt, Sep 24, 2005.

1. To DEF:

Any way to get IB to provide statements we can download so the data is in compatable with Schedule D?

Mark

2. def

def Sponsor

i have no idea what schedule D is. However, take a look at the new flex statements. that may allow you to create statements in the format you desire. details are on the web site.

3. Thank you for the prompt reply.

Unfortunately, FlexStatements are unable to provide data in the required format - I have made the attempt and also asked IB via e-mail.

Schedule D is part of the income tax return for US taxpayers. It's intended for transactions in which there are capital gains or losses. Each and every trade must be listed on that form.

Mark

4. I have just opened an IB account but I have not yet funded it. I would be concerned if there is no easy way for me to construct a Sched D as is apparently the case.

If a simple P/L analysis for each closed trade was available with dates and price details that would be a good start. However, my understanding is that even this is not available.

Can anyone add some clarity or better yet provide a solution?

5. you can download to quicken/msft money then transfer to sch d

6. I have used MS Money for years and have a lot of problems when I download broker statements. Without getting into the gory details I'll just say the Money does not have good tools for handling these downloads. I gave up trying to make the direct download work. However, I have had some success importing .qif files.

If you read the Microsoft Newsgroup for Money you will see many horror stories. There should be a simpler way. Many brokers offer Excel downloads, it would seem trivial to provide something useful toward constructing a Sched D.

7. http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=53071&perpage=6&pagenumber=9

8. i just looked at my account. there is an option to download to excel

9. "If a simple P/L analysis for each closed trade was available with dates and price details that would be a good start. However, my understanding is that even this is not available."

Don't worry. The data you need are supplied in both the monthly AND annual statements. I need more than that - and it's the extras that are not available to me (I make thousands of trades annually, so collecting the data is time consuming).

IB should work well for you. Ask to see a sample monthly statement.

Mark

10. Thanks, I'll take your word for it. Last time I sent IB an email question they never answered it.

#10     Sep 27, 2005