Ib

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by JORGE, Dec 16, 2002.

1. I use Windows 98 and it works.

#11     Dec 17, 2002
  2. I would also like to know if I could attach a market on close order to my original order. Basically have an order like this in the morning:
    ------------------------------------------------------
    Buy 1 contract ES stop 911.00 limit 911.25

-if that fills, submit:

Sell 1 contract ES trailing stop 3 points

-if that does not fill by the close:

Sell 1 contract ES at the market.
    ------------------------------------------------------
    Do you think that is possible with anything? That way when I enter, a trailing stop is automatically set to follow a trend if one develops, and if the trend remains in force until the end of the day, I exit and end the day flat.

Banker

#12     Dec 17, 2002
  3. Hmm, really? I cannot get quotes from IB. Do you have an idea what might be wrong? I can get quotes via Auto Trader though and via SierraChart as well, so the problem seems to be related to Bracket Trader.

#13     Dec 17, 2002
  4. I use version 2.15d

Did you enable ActiveX in TWS under Configure - API?

#14     Dec 17, 2002
  5. The last one I tried was 2.14c. Yes, ActiveX is/was enabled.

#15     Dec 17, 2002
  6. The best thing to do is contact Pretzel through the IB Discussion Forum. Good luck!

#16     Dec 17, 2002
  7. ctrader

ctrader

It may or may not work under win98. Some people have troubles, some don't. You might want to consider getting XP or win2K anyway, it will really improve your system performance. IB upgraded the API lately, and I have had to hand hold a lot of users in getting there systems to work. I have a demo on the site, that should work, but I do have a newer version available by email that works for everyone that the older demo doesn't work for.

2. At first I want to say no, but the documentation for the API lists 3 types of orders, DAY, GTC, and IOC, but doesn't define IOC. If IOC means submit order at close, then yes.

3. Yes, you can run multiple instances of the program, each one can work its own set of orders.

#17     Dec 17, 2002
  8. ctrader

ctrader

Maybe, see my IOC discussion in the previous post. I also see that the API now supports server side auto bracket orders and autotrailing stops too. Are you sure TWS doesn't natively support this?

#18     Dec 17, 2002
  9. I honestly don't know, that's why I'm asking. I have seen market on close, and trailing stop orders with TWS, but I have never found a way to combine all of these orders on to one "ticket". It might not be possible.

No big deal on the moc, I can always check in near the close to see if I have to get rid of a position myself. It would be nice to have my exit stop tied to my entry stop. That seems possible. Your site wouldn't open for me earlier, I will try again later.

Thanks,

Banker

#19     Dec 17, 2002
  10. def

def Sponsor

There is a bracket order feature on the TWS now. You might be able to tweak the individual lines from that order to what you're seeking (i.e modify one of the orders to MOC).

#20     Dec 17, 2002