IB your service is terrible

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by taodr, Dec 6, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. white17

white17

Taodr: is this a currency issue perhaps?

#31     Dec 6, 2002
  2. taodr

taodr

CONTINUATION Now I am sure a few bright sparks here will say it's a regulation problem but lots of other brokers dont bother their clients with this. I have friends trading with others. Yesterday I started trading with another broker and although they have a good system I am too used to IB. Today with that broker I traded back and forth aproximately 45,000 shares. I did great with MXIM. I really read it right. Only had to change direction twice with losses kept to 600. I messed up on a short on QCOM , covered on 500 shares but still retain 500 which shows a loss of 320. Net profit is around 4950. I think if I had been using to IB , I would have lowered the losses as it took me too long to correct situation with new broker. IB is definitely more user friendly and geared towards a trader. I hope This matter is resolved on Monday morning and my wife can attest to the fact I hardly never get mad. She doesnt know about this as I don't spill this kind of stuff at home.

#32     Dec 6, 2002
  3. taodr

taodr

Not a currency issue. Read the previous statements.

#33     Dec 6, 2002
  4. taodr

taodr

Bundlemaker... does IB pay you to stand up for them on these boards ?

#34     Dec 6, 2002
  5. taodr

taodr

I also want to point out that for six weeks I have been very , very patient about this . Think about it. How patient would you Americans be after such a time ?

#35     Dec 6, 2002
  6. white17

white17

Taodr: I did read your previous posts. That's why I asked the question. You say you sent IB a few thousand DOLLARS the first of november. I'm asking if this was to fund an account in the other country and maybe should have been or is being converted to a different currency.

#36     Dec 6, 2002
  7. taodr

taodr

The currency was us$ and new acc was also us$

#37     Dec 6, 2002
  8. taodr

taodr

What's with this pointdirex every time I check this post, maybe they should give me a commission.

#38     Dec 6, 2002
  9. white17

white17

Taodr; Thank you. Yes it does sound as though you have been patient. I probably wouldn't have been but it doesn't have anything to do with the fact that I'm an American ! Must be something wrong that none of us understand. Perhaps a PM to DEF can start some resolution. I like to volunteer him to help out :))

#39     Dec 6, 2002
  10. Sounds to me like you're trying to play games that may border on illegal, and I've read enough IB stuff (including from def) that I know they will not accomadate any shenanigans. And, again, for the record, I have nothing to do with IB, other than being a customer.

I realize you have the right to keep what you want to yourself. On the other hand, you are now also open to speculation.

My guess is you're from Canada. Why? Because IB only recently started doing business there. If so, unless you had a legal entity in the US to trade through, you were breaking Canadian law. I know this to be a fact, as I know several traders in Canada that have explained this to me. So, be upset at your government, not IB. Sure, just a guess; but as long as you started the thread, and respond like this is a novel, I'll have a bit of fun myself with conjecture.

#40     Dec 6, 2002
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.