IB your service is terrible

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by taodr, Dec 6, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. what was the problem you had with them

#11     Dec 6, 2002
  2. he doesn't want to say, it's too SENSITIVE.

#12     Dec 6, 2002
  3. qdz

qdz

I have no interest to discuss a proposition such as the topic of this thread that is so obvious. Still have not got it? When will you guy all wake up?

:p

#13     Dec 6, 2002
  4. mskl

mskl

I could never be customer rep for IB. Imagine for a second, some of the complaints they must hear.

IB,

Thanks for another great year!!

and a special thanks to DEF, who is always here to help us.

#14     Dec 6, 2002
  5. ddefina

ddefina

Are you still blaming IB for the day trading rules? 99.99% of us are doing just fine with IB.

#15     Dec 6, 2002
  6. maxpi

maxpi

Somebody can come on here, make vague accusations against IB and can't tell anybody what the problem is. Some of these posters should get a CB radio, they can vent crazy all day, nobody (in their right mind) listens of course.

Max

#16     Dec 6, 2002
  7. I have never had any problem opening and closing accounts and moving money in and out. Same day on money if you do it right. You need to have all your instructions right, thats all.

#17     Dec 6, 2002
  8. maxpi,

I agree. My consolation is that the people that do this sort of thing need to be ever more careful in this litigous society. You start bad mouthing somebody in print (like this web site), and you legally can be held accountable. I know of one entity in particular that has their collective eyes on one poster here. Whining is something we have to put up with I guess, out and out lying is something altogether different.

#18     Dec 6, 2002
  9. he/she is probably complaining about the 3 day settlement on cash accounts. all i gotta say is that's more than made up for in my mind by the $1 commissions.

#19     Dec 6, 2002
  10. egusc

egusc

I had the same problem once with a deposit i had to IB placed in suspense and noone called me. When the money from my wire did not get credited to my account i called them that day. Something in my deposit notification was not in the form IB likes. IB told me the wire was in suspense and to send them an e mail. The money was place in my account the next day.

I have only had problem one time, all other deposit went through fine.

The deposit notification at IB explain perfectly what IB is like. With most brokers if u send them a check, some employee will place it in your account. At IB you must send them a deposit notification before you send them a wire transfer or the money will not get put into your account. IB keeps its costs very low by being a self serve broker.

#20     Dec 6, 2002
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.