IB - Your secure code card has expired

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by rezo, Jan 24, 2018.

1. rezo

rezo

upload_2018-1-24_13-16-26.png

On hold with them now, I was going to sell OPGN stock, been on hold for over 10mins. No email notifications or anything it just happened out of the blue.

2. rezo

rezo

They are saying security cards I had were temporary that I should have been given an option for a permanent but the only option I ever had was that same security card they gave me on the website which they forced me to do when they implemented it. I closed my account.

3. tears flowed at ib im sure

tommcginnis likes this.
  4. rezo

rezo

i'm sure they didn't even see the problem with locking someone out of their account xD

5. DaveV

DaveV

If you haven't done so already, tell them to send you the plastic printed card instead of the electronic security device. Then copy the plastic card to your smartphone as an encrypted image, and you never have to worry about losing the electronic card, or not having it with you.

6. rezo

rezo

I didnt see an option for a plastic card, i did save the previous printed card as an encrypted image on my phone though but the plastic card thing you mentioned is basically the same thing as the type you print and thats permanent? Thats kind of weird.

7. My advice to you...is to switch to Etrade. So easy a caveman can do it. :confused:
    [​IMG]
    I made enough money in the shock market today to buy five brand new high-end laptops on eBay.

8. DaveV

DaveV

Perhaps IB has changed, but 3 years ago they gave me the option of a printed plastic card with a couple hundred security codes, or a security device that generates a one-time security code. I chose the plastic card.

MoreLeverage likes this.
  9. tommcginnis

tommcginnis

Sorry you missed the repeated notices, but IB's been doing this ('starter' codes, then live-account codes) for a dozen years that I know of, exactly the same way. There are multiple points where notice was given to you.

10. rezo

rezo

Where!? I got issued another temp code and there's no notices. No emails and no notices on the website.

#10     Jan 24, 2018