IB - your order will be sumitted after .... error

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by svrart, Nov 19, 2007.

1. svrart

svrart

hi,

i am getting an error that my order will be submitted after 9:30 EST (for example) but the order gets submitted anyway. i think this is just another bug in their TWS. this has happened for the last few trading days. anyone else with this experience or can shed some light on this?

svrart

2. So do you get a fill immediately after seeing the notification for next day submission? Is that why you feel the order is 'submitted'? I'm curious because I often enter standing orders at night which generate this message, but I haven't had any of those orders filled right away, contradicting the message.

3. paradox

paradox

I've recently been getting "your order will not be placed at the exchange until 8:30..." messages when placing globex limit orders. Since the order goes green, and appears to trigger properly, I have been ignoring the messages.

4. svrart

svrart

yes. if its competitive it gets filled right away. otherwise it gets submitted and when the limits or stops are hit, they are executed.

svr

5. This message normally occurs when your order defaults are set to trigger only during regular market hours. For example, if you submit an ES order on Globex at 8:00 PM, the order is held on IB's server until 9:30AM, and then submitted to the exchange. In TWS, you can set whether orders are submitted to the exchange outside of regular hours for each asset class (STK, FUT, etc.) Go to Order | Configure Order Defaults, select the appropriate asset class, and look at how you have the first 2 checkboxes configured.

6. svrart

svrart

hi,

my limit orders went thru, but my stops did not.

svr