IB YM Execution not reported by TWS

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by Trader.NET, Dec 15, 2003.

1. No, I didn't cancel it. According to the log, it dropped off my screen and vanished from the entire system until hours later IB found it (probably from reconcilation with the exchange report after the mkt close).

I entered a new long but I didn't notice the order was DROPPED or VANISHED into thin air:mad:

#21     Dec 15, 2003
  2. sprstpd

sprstpd

Hmmm... maybe IB should fix this? Next time it happens, write all the details you can about what happened and send them to tac@interactivebrokers.com

#22     Dec 15, 2003
  3. pspr

pspr

You will need to argue those points with IB. I'm sure they will be very reluctant to bust the trade since it will cost them.

You can always take it to arbitration if they won't bust the trade but it costs a couple hundred dollars just to start the ball rolling in addition to your time and possible legal costs.

Best thing to do is state your case as well as you can to IB and start looking for another broker/platform. I'm thinking about changing after year end just because IB won't eat a trade error that is their or the exchanges fault if they can get out of it - not to mention the TWS problems of late.

#23     Dec 15, 2003
  4. sprstpd

sprstpd

Yes, something seriously wrong if this is what happened. The TWS should not "lose" orders. You have a good case - I would pursue it til someone caves. Be persistent.

#24     Dec 15, 2003
  5. Well, I wrote an email requesting management review of my case. I guess I need to look around for new brokers but I hate to do that since I have almost completed a new front-end order entry managment system to the TWS API:mad:

#25     Dec 15, 2003
  6. sprstpd

sprstpd

Who knows - your new front-end might eliminate this change bug.

#26     Dec 15, 2003
  7. It will reduce order entry error for sure:), but it won't help if the order is gone. Maybe I should keep the order open on my front-end if no confirmation is received and cancellation is entered. However, it would be really confusing to traders since TWS does not show it.

Which program do you trust more, the front-end to the TWS or the actual TWS?

#27     Dec 15, 2003
  8. sprstpd

sprstpd

What I was trying to say is this change bug could be located only in the TWS manual order entry system. By using your front-end you communicate to the TWS through the API, which might circumvent the bug (i.e., your orders won't ever disappear).

#28     Dec 15, 2003
  9. Good point. Let's hope API works better. Keep our fingers crossed. Hopefully the new DOM interface will get rid of most keyboard entry and manage all orders visually.

#29     Dec 15, 2003
  10. That would be fine with me if TWS reprted as such, but TWS didn't show I had the order at the time.

#30     Dec 15, 2003