IB YM Execution not reported by TWS

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by Trader.NET, Dec 15, 2003.

1. Every now and then, you may get two executions while changing an order without hitting the "T" letter. But TWS usually reports as two fills.

#11     Dec 15, 2003
  2. I'm talking to IB chat online. The person told me "please manage your current position" when I asked "Do I need to liquidate it now?".

#12     Dec 15, 2003
  3. pspr

pspr

I guess they are telling you that if it is showing up as an open position in the TWS you should assume it is going to be your trade and either hold it or liquidate it as if it were a normal open position you initiated.

#13     Dec 15, 2003
  4. blb078

blb078

i think you might be screwed on this, from what you are telling us they are saying. one thing you might want to do is hedge the position by shorting ES, it would have been better if you could have short it, when you noticed all of this happened.

#14     Dec 15, 2003
  5. According to IB's log, I entered the order and changed many times and final change was at 10045, then the order "dropped off my screen" (direct quote from IB Help). Hours later IB found the execution and sent me the email.

Now, they blame me not reproting to them the order was dropped at the moment. I didn't notice it either. TWS didn't show it as open order at the time and IB system didn't catch the execution either since no report in TWS. They sent me the email hours later.

#15     Dec 15, 2003
  6. pspr

pspr

If you had an open order and it suddenly disappeared from the TWS screen you must assume it is still a working order since you didn't cancel it.

#16     Dec 15, 2003
  7. Sanjuro

Sanjuro

Did you cancel your first long and enter a new long?
    Or did you change the price of the long and
    hit transmit again to new price?

If you changed the price and hit transmit again, this error
    shouldn't happen and IB will probably eat their
    programming mistake.

That really sucks, you should have IB figure out what's causing
    the problem so it never happens again. Have them do an
    audit trail of your trades in that time period.

Maybe def can help you with this issue.

#17     Dec 15, 2003
  8. How do we know if an order is still open if TWS does not show so? Many times, TWS rejects orders or we cancel orders and TWS removes them from the order entry grid as we all expect. With this yo-yo login problem, it's hard to notice that an open order is dropped suddenly.

I entered another order to cover my short position and TWS showed me that I was flat after that execution. Had TWS showed it as PINK or other information, I would contact them immediately and take necessary action. The system failed and they need to fix that bug.

#18     Dec 15, 2003
  9. TWS are you using

what java software version are you using

what type of computer do you use

etc ....

let IB know everything ....

good luck ....

#19     Dec 15, 2003
  10. sprstpd

sprstpd

So you had your original buy order up and then you started to modify the price but before you hit transmit, the original order got filled (before the price change)? If this is what happened, then IB should eat it. Reaching here, but is it possible you have some weird shortcut mapping that would make this change operation trigger a transmit?

#20     Dec 15, 2003