ib wtf all money in account gone when i log in??

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by BlueStreek, Mar 10, 2014.

1. Well FTP wasn't FINRA or SEC reg. I assume you got an ACH last week for FTP. Comparing the two is a bit absurd. Honestly, the only issue is getting flat. If not then just try to relax.

#21     Mar 10, 2014
  2. finally fixed, but now i have to write down my fucking balance every night just to validate next login.

The problem is i need the international exposure, so this m oney stays with ib but somebody needs to get fired for this at IB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#22     Mar 10, 2014
  3. BSAM

BSAM

I'd be a bit tense too, but he has very clearly expressed his dissatisfaction.
    I would imagine IB might have been willing to work with him if he would have kept a little cooler head.
    Though I hope IB will still make a very satisfactory resolution for him anyway, if he has been harmed financially.

A problem never leaves you where it found you.
    Nobody can blame him for expressing anger, but after a problem, comes a solution.

Those folks at IB are very reasonable.

#23     Mar 10, 2014
  4. ajcrshr

ajcrshr

Yup fixed here too.

#24     Mar 10, 2014
  5. bontsai

bontsai

Yea same here... although I'm not negative.

Customer service was terrible. The trading desk said they will place new trade and claim that policy has been in place before. Basically they called me a liar, when I told them somebody had placed an order for me before on the phone.

The scenario was that I had an actually currency trade and it my account went negative because of the stupid partial trade close out trades on the usd.jpy. And they said yea their computer system wont' allow any options trade if your margin balance is below 0, although my net liquidity was above 2k. So they entered the trade manually for me. Now they are telling me that they never did that for me. That is a bunch of bull... I'm so pissed, I'm now considering moving brokerages. It's unacceptable. Does anyone have any suggestions about other brokerages? So it looks like all my open orders were cancelled about 10:47 PST, and they still haven't fixed the issue.

#25     Mar 10, 2014
  6. YEAH BUT they said they had segregated accounts, so did MF Global but really they didn`t!!!! they both used customer funds inapporiatetly, this just makes me question IB- YOU CANNOT TRUST ANYBODY THESE DAYS - you have to be kidding me with regulated right? Look at how unregulated markets are each day- you don`t believe markets are actually anything more than the wild wild west these days do you?

I expect to get cheated in the market, (thats why some algo uses a 140 or 240 contracts in CL large block order to move price on the DOM to their target - pure manipulation but the sec doesn`t give a fuck) but I expect the funds to be off limits and secure:)

#26     Mar 10, 2014
  7. Do it yourself. If 240 contracts a penny or two above the offer moves it a nickel then so be it. The guy is risking a fill on 240 to move the thing a nickel or two. Anyway, I was comparing a FINRA broker to FTP bullshit... and you still got your FTP monies.

#27     Mar 10, 2014
  8. I was very reasonable and polite on ib customer service, i am venting here because this should have been fixed in 3 minutes, and the fact that it wasn`t means the way IB accounts for funds architecture isn`t how it should be!!!! that is what is unnerving!

#28     Mar 10, 2014
  9. And other traders need to know about this shit before choosing brokers, this is not normal folks- notice how none of those ib sales folks who peruse this site to defend their book, have come here with a detailed explanation of how this could even happen in the first place?

#29     Mar 10, 2014
  10. Dude it was a software glitch....

#30     Mar 10, 2014