ib wtf all money in account gone when i log in??

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by BlueStreek, Mar 10, 2014.

1. i have many brokerage accounts, many with ib, and this has never happened even remotely close this is a major screwup, how can you ever let this happen in a business that relies on trust?

#11     Mar 10, 2014
  2. hahahaha, omg that was funny. God hates TX.

#12     Mar 10, 2014
  3. BSAM

BSAM

Brother Blue...

With all due respect, I think you need to calm down.
    IB ain't gonna steal your money.

When they fix whatever the problem is, be sure to post here.

#13     Mar 10, 2014
  4. the bigger issue is the fact that they have been notified by several customers, and they still cannot fix the issue - i.e., they cannot return balances to accounts - I could understand a slight technical glitch maybe, but not being able to fix it immediately that is more disconcerting for anyone with IB.

#14     Mar 10, 2014
  5. THAT ISN`T THE POINT: The point is I have wasted this much time on it, not trading, and this kind of error is just unacceptable - you cannot trade from the account with a negative balance!

How the f@@@ck can this ever happen in the first place at a professional oufit--------this isn`t crappy charts--this is missing fucking money!

#15     Mar 10, 2014
  6. Oh shit, IB can't do magic? When you compose yourself... do you really believe that IB won't fix the issue? You're telling us that your IB statement shows a negative balance as well?

#16     Mar 10, 2014
  7. luisHK

luisHK

Not beeing able to enter any trades if one has a bunch of positions open is nasty enough, seeing a nil or negative balance in the meantime gotta make it worse. I'd be more than a bit tense if I was OP.

#17     Mar 10, 2014
  8. No it's not missing money. Yes, you can't trade-out, so if you need to do so I would print out Friday's statement and call the trade-desk and tell them to grab a copy of Friday's run.

#18     Mar 10, 2014
  9. after what i went through with full tilt poker and mf global this just touches a raw nerve for me...i have no more patience for this crap!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#19     Mar 10, 2014
  10. JamesJ

JamesJ

Problem resolved here

#20     Mar 10, 2014