IB Website down?

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by imsurfing, Feb 23, 2008.

1. Still can't log in.

Guess I have to wait until 4 pm to talk to someone about it.

I do have the new little gizmo, the one which has a little button you press and it produces a number that you type in to a seperate applet.

Just hope the Fri afternoon problems weren't because someone was monkeying with my account then.

Think I have too much in IB for comfort. Should diversify my vendors, even if some of the others charge more for fees. That's the lesson I'm taking from all this. Either that or just find a vendor which has customer service staffed more hours.

#11     Feb 24, 2008
  2. Bummer. Can't think of what could be wrong, other than a general bug with your account, or possibly, did you notice any logon errors, or get three failures to logon in a row?

Maybe the system thought you were trying to break in and temporarally shutdown the account?

Logged into mine a little while ago. Worked fine.

edit: one thing to look for, if you give the device the wrong PIN, it will, I think, proceed with the logon process, which will fail everytime. doesn't give you a warning you gave the wrong PIN

#12     Feb 24, 2008
  3. Yeah, I have no idea what account size we're talking about and assumed he didn't have the dongle. Virtually impossible to circumvent.

#13     Feb 24, 2008
  4. Just tried to log in again and was able to. Account looks the same as before.

Btw, just in case it somehow hasn't been clear from my previous messages, I do have the fancy gizmo, the small thing that has a little button that whenever you press it produces a 6 digit number that you then type to login in to your account, after you've already logged in with your username and password.

Guess what I was afraid of is that when I had my account open on Friday morning, somebody could've hacked while I was on it, and somehow kept the account on even thru Sun?

Most likely, there was some bug in the system that IB just worked out. To repeat, what has me alarmed is that I was not able to VIEW my account from Friday afternoon until Sunday afternoon. And there was nobody for me to contact.

I tried logging in shortly after 12 noon east coast time today, Sun, couldn't do it, had to go somewhere, and then when I tried again at about 2 pm east coast time, was able to.

Actually, I guess I ought to see if there are any pending requests or signs of other account activity not initiated by moi.

#14     Feb 24, 2008
  5. So I just got off the phone w/ someone at IB. Was able to log on to my tradestation this morning at my friend's house, but then when I went to the university, nada, same as Friday.

The guy said it was probably because Arizona State University, whose free and open wireless I'm utilizing, doesn't have ports 4001 and 4001, the ports IB uses because they say they are more secure.

Basically, what keeps happening is that I type in my username and password, and then keep getting "login in progress" message.

Funny, I've logged on to my tradestations from quite a few places, never had this problem.

#15     Feb 25, 2008
  6. Trust me son, whatever is happening here has to do with you, not with someone "hacking" your account, not with a bug at IB, etc etc. Just thought it might be worth your while to redirect your efforts toward a solution. The rest of it is idle speculation on your part.

OldTrader

#16     Feb 25, 2008