IB website down and can't relogin to TWS once being logged out

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by gmst, Jan 8, 2013.

1. Bob111

Bob111

is it compliance issue? or technical ? cause no one else is complaining.

#31     Jan 11, 2013
  2. compliance can block your trading, but should not block account management. I was applying for a traditional ira account, just got a deny email citing management decisión when i called to ask since i have a feeling it is related.

#32     Jan 11, 2013
  3. Bob111

Bob111

--compliance can block your trading, but should not block account management.---

how so? if they got suspicions on you and can't verify info they need-they can block anything. even related accounts,where you are a holder

#33     Jan 11, 2013
    #34     Jan 11, 2013
  5. ktm

ktm

Compliance is very powerful given the risk the firm assumes by engaging customer funds. They are the cops.

They have the ability to freeze everything while sorting out the facts and making sure everything is as it should be.

I would pursue your inability to log in aggressively until you get the answer. When everything is above board, the vast majority of the time when compliance takes action, it's because of a miscommunication or some key part of the package is missing.

If it is a compliance issue, I doubt they would contact you first. The gov't regs generally require that things get frozen first whenever there is something that appears amiss. This absolves the broker/FCM of liability in the event that something is amiss.

#35     Jan 12, 2013
  6. I was told there was no compliance issue. My guess is that since I applied for a new IRA account under the same login, all my accounts under this login got impacted when new account was rejected. so far as I was told, IT is investigating.

#36     Jan 12, 2013