** IB warning ** don't reset your paper trading acct

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by fullautotrading, Feb 7, 2012.

1. I cant give less about the demo.

What really bothers me i see clear signs of idiotic management. <b>It does not take much for idiots to destroy what a brilliant person created in a lifetime.</b>

Even a retarded chimp understands clearly that makes no sense to limit paper money, as this would send away (even without any attempt to start up) the real money and let you, in the long run, with small traders who will blow up their accounts in a month or so.

So <b>having no clients is indeed the ultimate bandwidth saving</b>, and, in this sense, the managerial choice is ironically correct.

It's indeed the presence of a mindset who can conceive that which worries me. Both as client and as a person who has leveraged and invested immensely on their "technology".

When you place a limit equal to (<b>2 x Money In Real Account</b>), to me personally this sounds like: "look we are desperate for money. You either load up money or we dont let you even try the system". (Note that the limit would still be insufficient, due to leverage.)

It's the sign of desperation which actually worries me.

Tom

#41     Feb 9, 2012
  2. Now if one is going to rant one should at least read the posts in ones own psycho-thread.

Everyone else seems to have caught up.

Its resources not bandwidth.

And as I used to say to the twats in the old days -- if you don't like IB then fuck off somewhere else. The less time they spend with you the more they've got for real customers.

The only desperate person around here is you. So, leave for fuck's sake!!!

#42     Feb 9, 2012
  3. Here is another genious.

<b>"save on bandwidth"</b>, as clearly stated, is a literal quotation from IB (#519857).

Learn to read, before putting "fuck's" on your mouth.

If you dont like this thread "then fuck off somewhere else", as well.

Tom

#43     Feb 9, 2012
  4. IB isn't responsible to provide the bandwidth you're hogging 24/6. If you've done your backtests right, 30 days of demo is more than enough time to see if everything's working right. What's to complain about? You've had more than enough time to figure out if your api's working, and rather than blaming IB for something that's more dependent on the confidence you have in your analysis, why don't you just start by trading 1 share? I've seen folks espouse the virtues of simply trading 1 share, and even if that doesn't seem like what you're trying to accomplish it can still give you a lot more indication of functionality than blaming the IB Gateway.

Be responsible. Set a time like 4:15 for futures or 8 pm for stocks to shut everything down, and log back in. It's simple. Get an app like logmein and you'll have no problem if you've got an iphone to take care of any remote monitoring you might have to do whenever you're live or wherever you are when you're trading.

Failure is pretty much guaranteed without guaranteed connectivity to your computer, battery backups, and the only program that'll do that for you, assuming you know to take care of the batteries, is the logmein app. I was never confident until I had that app to remote connect to my pc any time I wanted. If it's going to do your trading for you and you need to be able to walk away like most of us do, get the IB app and logmein app for iphone and you'll have no problem with monitoring it for things like logging out and logging back in. At the very least set a time where it's unlikely to be doing a trade and take care of it everyday. It's not a big deal.

#44     Feb 9, 2012
  5. Thanks a lot for teaching me. I appreciate.

T

#45     Feb 9, 2012
  6. I know it sounds ridiculous but I've been asked to do that before, even if you want to still take yourself overly seriously, if you didn't anticipate API problems, you don't have enough experience to automate yet until you do.

#46     Feb 9, 2012
  7. Craig66

Craig66

"So, leave for fuck's sake"
    "Here is another genious"

It's a good job this isn't a spelling/grammar competition.

#47     Feb 9, 2012
  8. Ridiculous ? No why ?

Yes, i really hope one day to get enough experience to automate.

Where do you suggest to start from ?

T

#48     Feb 9, 2012
  9. #49     Feb 9, 2012
  10. And I repeat.

If you don't like IB; fuck off Tom you genious !

#50     Feb 9, 2012