IB waaay behind on tech support?

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by FullyArticulate, Mar 7, 2007.

1. mtwokay

mtwokay

I tried that. I uninstalled everything IB, deleted all tws folders, rebooted and reinstalled TWS. Nothing changed. Still checks for updates on every reboot/login.

#11     Mar 7, 2007
  2. TGM

TGM

are you using the latest version?? did it install the latest version manually?

#12     Mar 7, 2007
  3. mtwokay

mtwokay

Yes, I'm running 867.4 w/Java 1.5.0_11

#13     Mar 7, 2007
  4. TGM

TGM

Did you just install it over top the old TWS or did you uninstall TWS first?

(i am basically a tech idiot)

#14     Mar 7, 2007
  5. mtwokay

mtwokay

I've done it both ways. First I installed over and when that didn't work I removed everything, and that didn't even work. I'm still asked to check for TWS updates every time i reboot/log in. I guess I could take it out of the Startup program group but then I'd forget to check for updates completely.

#15     Mar 7, 2007
  6. Pete - IB

Pete - IB Interactive Brokers

The problem is due to the fact that for some users, a faulty TWS version was written to the registry during the upgrade. It can be corrected as follows:

* Run regedit.exe

* Navigate to the following key:
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\
    SOFTWARE\
    Wise Solutions\
    WiseUpdate\
    Apps\
    Trader Workstation 4.0

* On the right side of the screen, check the "version" field. If it says "99999", change it to 8647.

* Perform the same fix for this key as well:
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\
    SOFTWARE\
    Wise Solutions\
    WiseUpdate\
    Apps\
    Trader Workstation Upgrade

#16     Mar 7, 2007
  7. Catoosa

Catoosa

Pete-IB:
    I thought I read in another IB post on ET that the TWS upgrade version problem you are referring to is going to be fixed in the next TWS version 868. So, does waiting and upgrading to TWS 868 fix this problem without editing the registry?

Catoosa

#17     Mar 7, 2007
  8. mtwokay

mtwokay

Thanks Pete but that didn't work, even after fixing the version # typo and rebooting twice. TWS still prompts to check for updates after logging in.

#18     Mar 7, 2007
  9. It worked for me. I was running 866.5 so I manually went IB and downloaded 867.4. The upgrade only changed one of the registry entries. I changed the other manually per Pete's instructions and it now doesn't trigger the "new version available" message.

#19     Mar 7, 2007
  10. "* On the right side of the screen, check the "version" field. If it says "99999", change it to 8647."

I believe it should read -- "change it to 8674"

#20     Mar 8, 2007