IB vs Thinkorswim RE: price improvement

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by Option Trader, Feb 14, 2008.

1. Just sold some shares of DRL at the bid which was 19.65 as seen on Level 2, and it went through on Thinkorswim at 19.659.

It seems with IB, I don't get any such price improvement on stocks. Is that the way it's supposed to be?

2. i've had options recently were i put in between the bid and ask with both ib and think or swim and tos has filled them were ib hasn't. also ib has jacked the fee's on options if you take liquidity. ib now public is trying to make more money

3. If you have a link, I would appreciate that.

But what I mentioned regarding stocks wasn't a function of going public, as I haven't been getting (much? any?) price improvement from them for over the 2 years I've been using them. But come to think of it, it doesn't seem right, because I thought you're supposed to get with IB price improvement??

4. Just bought 100 shares of BRLC on TOS and got price improvement. Did the same on IB & didnt. Did the same again on TOS & did. What am I doing wrong that I'm not getting price improvement on IB? I thought IB was the best regarding price improvement for options, so I thought the same for stocks??

5. IBsoft

IBsoft Interactive Brokers

Can you tell where TOS routed your order?

Thanks.

6. Asked them, and they said ATD.

7. IBsoft

What is ATD, Automated Trading Desk?

Thanks.

8. You're right, they said it's their smart route, and that it got filled on ARCA actually--i.e. the price improvement on ARCA.

9. IBsoft

Could you please send me the time of the trade? I want to look at the times.

Thanks.

10. 1:48:06 pm then at 1:49:49 pm EST.

#10     Feb 26, 2008