IB vs. MB Trading Order Entry

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by Ajax2004, Aug 25, 2005.

1. Just FYI - regarding historical charts, this will be out pretty soon:
    http://boards.quotetracker.com/images/qtnewhist.gif

Datafeeds, what do you think you are paying eSignal and QCharts for? :). QT can use eSignal for datafeed, IQFeed and others. And if one datafeed has a problem, you CAN switch to your broker's datafeed within the same software. Can't do that with the others.

#11     Aug 25, 2005
  2. def

def Sponsor

Have you tried setting up hotkeys or using the book trader for order entry? You might find that those tools suit your needs. Alternatively, the below links point to a number of front end applications that you could consider....

commercial tools:
    http://www.interactivebrokers.com/en/software/tools/commercialTools.php?ib_entity=llc#order

freelance tools:
    http://www.interactivebrokers.com/toolbox/servlet/FreelanceTools.currentNew

#12     Aug 25, 2005
  3. BSAM

BSAM

What's wrong with the Rapid Order Entry section of the TWS? That's about as simple as it gets.

#13     Aug 26, 2005
  4. switching from IB to MBT? that's like trading your Porsche for a horse with a cart. besides their consistent reliability issues, their platform is the joke of the industry.

TWS rocks! i also started using the book trader feature lately and it's really comfortable.

#14     Aug 26, 2005
  5. Ajax2004

Ajax2004

BSAM, Nothing wrong with it per se. I've not used it much, probably an oversight after diabling it from the display. It's still not integrated with the kind of charting apps I'm used to though and it takes lots of screen space. Anyways thanks for reminding me it's there :)

#15     Aug 26, 2005
  6. Ajax2004

Ajax2004

A Porsche? To me IB is more like a nuclear submarine, a Russian one. It can take on anything in the water but human engineering issues can cause occasional disasters ;)

I've not seen people compain about Navigator before but point taken.

#16     Aug 26, 2005
  7. :D

the russians are the future you know. :cool:

#17     Aug 26, 2005

8. :D :D :D Well said.

#18     Aug 26, 2005
  9. I have used both, I keep my overhead lower with IB, I use their API for charting using Ensign software. Saves on exchange fees and Ensign is top of the line for $39.00. This has been a great combination for me.

#19     Aug 26, 2005
  10. Ajax2004

Ajax2004

Rickshaw Man, That's what I've been using as well. Ensign is one of the best for studies and candle painting.

That said I find the backfilling not very reliable, each time I (have to double) click on a symbol in Ensign it re-fetches the candles and sometimes adjusts back previous candles which means I'm executing against "fake" candle formations. I's also not integrated with any broker and the quote sheets are clunky at best as compared with the likes of TS, eSig, QCharts etc.

#20     Aug 26, 2005