IB Veterans: opinion on navitrader dvd on advanced IB TWS?

Discussion in 'Educational Resources' started by AlmostGotIt, May 20, 2008.

1. http://www.navitrader.com/cds.html#Interactive Brokers

Im thinking about buying this dvd, but im hoping some IB vets could take a look at the list of highlights about the dvd and tell me how difficult it would be to figure out on my own, or if there is a cheaper/free/easier way to figure out all the things mentioned in the highlights. Everyone always says you can “learn this for free on the internet” about everything, so... where at?

ib isnt the best with customer service, and their webinars are too scripted for individual questions/attention. I could probably figure it out on my own with the paper trader, but I would have to wait for all the orders to actually hit limits and stops to hit before i could really figure it out, and thats a pain in the ass.

the dvd is pretty pricey for a dvd, but I don’t think it’s a snake oil scam because its just about advanced usage of the TWS platform. Their other seminars that are about trading might be snake oil, someone will probably say that, but I am not considering any of those at all.

... please spear me the typical spam accusations when ever someone mentions a product, serious question.

2. thrunner

thrunner

Do yourself a favor and learn by trying something like Ninjatrader and Brackettrader for simulation of complex orders with DOM (depth of market) entries. NT has a bonus of charts and chart trading and a lot more, free as long as it is just simulation. With BT, you can actually live trade a few eminis for free, but a fully registered copy is only a hundred.

3. alright, i dont mind taking a look, ill check those out.

thanks