IB versus JTrader platform

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by ChrisM, Aug 28, 2002.

1. If you do high volume you may start thinking about

FFastFill (FFast Fill Inc)

X_Trader (Trading Technologies Inc)

And you can find a lot more out there ...

#11     Aug 29, 2002
  2. Any service that promises faster fills than is already available at IB and others, is immediately suspect in my book.

If they want to compete, it better be on better redundancy , lower rates, or better features.

Speed is not an issue.

#12     Aug 29, 2002
  3. Jtrader is very nice, good platform. I recommend.

#13     Aug 29, 2002
  4. Yes, Sir. Better features might be stop orders (Globex native stop limit orders) that are executed when you expect it. I am waiting for months and months that someone adds such a feature to IB TWS. :D

#14     Aug 29, 2002
  5. daxman

daxman

if you are not so tied to someone like IB where you get software and your clearing done, then I strongly recommend a clearing firm that gives you choices on your software

I have used TT (Trading Technologies) for the past 2 years and really feel that I get an edge on other market participants.
    The fact that the price feed alone is a direct feed is worth the price of the software. Its not a third party feed like some systems, its real time to the exchange.

their MD trader was the first level 2 like tool and their continued innovation is great

#15     Sep 2, 2002
  6. In case you are wondering, it takes an emini broker 15 to 20 milliseconds to validate and retransmit your order. A marketable order takes bet 200 and 300 milliseconds total to get an acknowledgement back from GLOBEX.

If a broker says they are dramatically faster than broker X for the eminis they had better produce server logs, because they are full of BS.

They posted some audit logs on this thread "The best platform for futures?" The 70 ms difference you see in the logs between the two brokers (I suspect) is due to the time it took the CME to turn the order around on the days the logs were taken. The CME is the largest factor in emini trading speed (200- 300 ms), then your internet connection to the broker (40 to 150 ms). The broker's speed is the smallest component (15 ms server turnaround + 20 ms network delay).

#16     Sep 2, 2002
  7. Hubert

Hubert

i like pats better than IB and have used both.
    never use TT but they say its fast
    will try it next

#17     Sep 9, 2002
  8. 1. Frequently disconnection
    2. Very bad service by Interactive Brokers Customer care (!!) (try an go away)
    3. Troubles every day with any instrument (Arca,etc)
    4. difficult obtain withdrawal if you are an extra-usa trader, but this is tipical of american brokers.....
    5. Very bad IT structure ( their servers send messages to you of another customer and viceversa -> the privacy is an unknown word for them.........

It's enough?

Here the jingle by Interactive Brokers, you can see it like a banner :

"We apologize for the inconvenience"

#18     Sep 9, 2002