IB versus Global (J-Trader)

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by Flashboy, Jul 11, 2003.

1. Are you "F I F T Y C E N T", our are you "fitycent" ? :D

#11     Jul 13, 2003

2. I'm 50 cent, wassup nigga..

#12     Jul 13, 2003
  3. Gona gets me som bling-bling wen da computa sing from da ES ting!!! Hoz bout yu?

#13     Jul 13, 2003

4. Amt4swa,

I wouldn't dare trade 1 contract per every $500 I have in my account.

I am trading 1 for every $1,500 - $2,000 in my account which may be pushing it.

I remember when my broker was talking to me about opening the account and when I told her I was going to deposit $2,000.. she said very excitedly that I could trade 4 Emini contracts..

I almost hung up on her because at that point I knew she was not out for my well being as a trader just after my commissions..

#14     Jul 14, 2003
  5. Be very clear that under no circumstances is a broker interested in your well being. They are indeed interested in the commission ... every one of them. I guess they shouldn't be this overt, but even if it's sugar coated, the primary objective remains the same.

Just the same, you use a broker because they provide the right service at the right price. If your level of satisfaction dips, you flick them like a spent cigarette.

#15     Jul 14, 2003
  6. Biilb,

I agree with you but not 100%..

I feel there are some good brokers out there who are interested in helping new traders be it a very small percentage... after all.. the longer a person stays in the game the more commissions they will get from them.

Jeff

#16     Jul 15, 2003
  7. taodr

taodr

AMT4SWA. I sounds like you use IB. Are you using NINja or Buttontrader ?

#17     Sep 26, 2003