IB Upgrades

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by DustPuppy, Oct 16, 2001.

1. def

def Sponsor

andy,
    i'll pass along the suggestion.

kicking,
    it probably has to do with the link/place 1.3 and 1.4 are located on your PC. someone here may know how to change the link, in the meantime, try tech support on our web site or via the help desk.

#11     Sep 10, 2002
  2. alanm

alanm

This may sound stupid, but do the new pages have contracts listed on them? TWS will not save empty pages (or blank lines at the end of pages).

#12     Sep 10, 2002
  3. alanm,

you are right there were no contracts on the new pages. Thanks for the tip.

#13     Sep 11, 2002
  4. drbtk

drbtk

If you are running the standalone version of TWS, right click on your desktop shortcut and select "properties". The "target" line" has to be changed to point to the new java.

#14     Sep 11, 2002
  5. Thanks but I don't know what to put exactly as target. Also I would like to say this new JRE 1.4 has caused me problems with the Prophetfinance java charts I was no longer able to load the applet, with Live Charts it takes more time to load and it looks different too. So I unchecked JRE1.4 as default for IE. Good thing I kept the 1.3. Why does IB ask us to download POS software? I personally have other things to do than playing around with upgrades and software downloads.

#15     Sep 11, 2002
  6. drbtk

drbtk

This is what I have:

"C:\Program Files\Java\j2re1.4.0_01\bin\javaw.exe" -jar C:\Apps\jts\jts.jar C:\Apps\jts

By the way, I'm very satisfied with IB but they are not for everyone.

#16     Sep 11, 2002
  7. it doesn't work on mine file name not correct it says... I am about to give up and cope with the pop up window

#17     Sep 11, 2002
  8. #18     Sep 11, 2002
  9. I have been running 1.4 for IB , and the MS version of Java for the browser with no problems.

#19     Sep 12, 2002