IB Upgrades

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by DustPuppy, Oct 16, 2001.

1. FYI:

Most Futures accounts can now run 4.0.
    All Equities accounts should now be using 4.0.

Also,

If your account window does not show up properly, upgrade your 4.0.

Any other questions - check with IB support about, but almost every TWS customer should be using 4.0 at this point.

Just a heads-up.

-DustPuppy

2. Since I upgraded I have problems saving my layout and getting symbols. Is it the JRE 1.3? Do I really need to uninstall 1.3 before downloading JRE 1.4?

3. def

def Sponsor

I heard it was best to uninstall 1.3 before installing 1.4 (with that said, I installed 1.4 on over 3 PC's on top of 1.3 w/o any problems). There is a discussion on the topic and suggestions and potentially incompatibilities on the tech forum on the IB web site. You should get better information from there.

4. Thanks Def,

I went to the TWS forum and it appears there are some issues with the new release but none of the posters had the problems I have. Is it normal that to enter a symbol by typing in a cell I now have to type the symbol then # then the exchange?

5. def

def Sponsor

That might be the way to add an exchange w/o calling up the pop up menus. I've always just entered a symbol and hit return. i.e. IBM or ES, hit return and choose from the pop up menu.

6. TWS has two modes: ´Symbol´or ´Underlying´

See: TWS Settings --> Contract Display

:)

7. Well I downloaded this JRE 1.4 and now when I click on the TWS icon it still asks me to upgrade to JRE 1.3. I did not uninstall 1.3 though because I was not sure I could download 1.4 (ISP problems) I am going to try to run the TWS upgrade wizard.

8. andy4

andy4

Def,

is there anyway to actually see where my "trailing stop" is when placed ?

I know I place it and so far seems to have worked fine, but it would ease my mind a little to see at what price it is at, not just T-stop at so and so points ?

Thanks, Andy

p.s. only used T-stop for the last 6 days, but so far so good, at least as the t-stop working, just have to work on method :) (eminis)

9. Oh yeah now I have 2 of those JRE 1.4 icons on my task bar. I could really do without those bimonthly upgrades . :confused:

10. Ticker symbol problem resolved thanks FX-trader . Still unable to save settings (new pages actually)and TWS does not recognize JRE1.4.

#10     Sep 10, 2002