IB Unstable Again

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by laocoon, Nov 9, 2007.

1. damn, i thought it was just me. No volume here either. WTF!!

#11     Nov 20, 2007
  2. No volume on stocks (NYSE/NASD) but CME ok...

#12     Nov 20, 2007
  3. rwk

rwk

My systems are operating normally. It looks like the problems are server-specific rather than system-wide.

#13     Nov 20, 2007
  4. 0008

Eurex is OK, but the US stocks are not. Anyone got the same?

#14     Nov 20, 2007
  5. is fixed now

#15     Nov 20, 2007
  6. This has been the big problem lately....and it gets obfuscated with the blizzard of new TWS releases. Everyone thinks it due to a release of TWS when in fact it is not.

#16     Nov 20, 2007
  7. nassau

nassau

anyone experience today, (Nov 21) slow exits and executions on tws
    The last few days I have noticed more than normal that IB's bid/ask is lagging.
    E-signal shows the trade and then as much as 3-5 seconds later IB bid / ask hits the price showing on esignal.
    I realize volume was light today but this is getting crazy.
    I / we are receiving so many part fills on liquid stocks.
    today was strange as we traded the retail clothing sector
    aro, aeo bid /ask was usually a few cents on the spread but anf, lulu were showing bid / ask ie 3815-30 and showing last price of ie 07,10 etc, anf was showing ie 74.62-66 with last getting hit in the low 50's and lower. I placed an order of 100 shares and got filled while the current bid ask in lulu was over 30 cents.
    I realize the bid /ask can have a larger spread on light volume but 20-30 cents, part fills of 100 shares or less.
    so much for smart routing being the best exit. These part fills end up costing you more as I usually have to adjust the exit to accomodate the exit.
    What we are finding strange also is that the random tws going pink and losing connection which will allow the trader to see the market still moving just not allowing the trade to be completed moves from server to server.
    I speak with remoter traders related to my office and just associates. It seems prior the US server was having issues and one of my associates who lives in the UK changed to the European Server I believe in Switz? and now has no issues.
    Our traders on the US server are now experiencing less issues but my associate who trades out of Canada I believe Montreal now experience the isssues we had prior.
    My one associate out of Montreal is losing connection with tws going pink almost every morning at open and several times up until 11-12. We speak on Instant Messenger to ensure it is not our internet and they/we are not the only ones having the issues.
    It seems the US server / the trader out of North Carolina does not experience the same issues at the same times.
    very strange.

w

#17     Nov 21, 2007
  8. I've been having this problem as well every morning this week, and late last week. My connection goes down a couple of times, usually starting just after the open and lasting for the first couple of hours. The Midwest.

OldTrader

#18     Nov 21, 2007
  9. TGM

TGM

I was having small outages at about the same time as you. It has not been persistent other than the few days a couple weeks ago (I bitched on a thread here). The problem went away and came back this morning with Eurex going out for like 10 minutes. I am in the Midwest as well.

#19     Nov 21, 2007
  10. Trading from Vancouver here with IB and TWS has had frequent disconnects. I've noticed that with heavy volume on the ES, and having booktrader open - the TWS likes to just randomly stop working and/or disconnect.

it's not a computer or java issue and IB support is just plain unhelpful when it comes to blaming the customer. "Oh it must be your internet/computer, etc"

Yah really.. that's funny.. my internet seems to work fine and I dont have problems with any programs OTHER than TWS. This is with both the standalone and web versions btw.

#20     Nov 22, 2007