IB : Unreported Execution

Discussion in 'Order Execution' started by greenday90, Oct 7, 2008.

1. KayK

KayK

I had a similar problem with IB last week although they have never admitted any fault on the part of TWS.

#11     Oct 14, 2008
  2. gangof4

gangof4

why?so that you can concoct a reason why it was the client's fault or, if all else fails, blame the exchange (that's your fallback of last resort FME.

same shit cost me 14,000 in march. called, spoke to managers who said they'd call me back- never did. try to reach said manager- impossible.

and to answer the questions from the ib defenders/employees with ET user names: i trade the HSI and haven't found an alternative (SADLY).

oh... and, once you give them info that they can tie to an acct, your ET user name is part of their database on your acct- so be careful what you type.

#12     Oct 14, 2008
  3. def

def Sponsor

untrue gangof4. there are no tags and the person requesting the info isn't related to the CS desk. The only concern is whether or not there is an issue. if so, the goal is to resolve and fix it.

the offer of assistance is genuine from IBSoft and i would urge nassau to take advantage of it.

#13     Oct 14, 2008
  4. Were any of these issues ever resolved?

#14     Nov 24, 2008
  5. qazmax

qazmax

This happens all the time with ALL direct access brokers. When the order passes from the customer to the broker then to the exchange...

Then the line between the broker and the exchange or customer goes dead. The order gets filled and reported by the exchange but the message is lost in the pipes.

Welcome to the internet age... its definitely not perfect yet!

:)

#16     Nov 24, 2008
  6. The scenario you described should not happen. The broker will get all skipped FIX messages once it restores back connection to the exchange.

#17     Nov 24, 2008
  7. nassau

nassau

NO and they continue as recently as today.
    On Friday we were placed again in trades mid day and later prior to close.
    Several of our remote traders "which are in another country" had the same issues.
    I personally was flat mid day when I was placed in several futures trades again on Friday. When the market started to rally around 1pm IB tws data went down / froze and then once the pop was complete to the 50 area the bid /ask would allow you to trade.
    You can almost always tell it is about to happen as IB data will lag or go down, followed by an ecn ..ie like today Island. Our account windows will not update and today we also lost our trade activity.
    re liquidation, no they were not liquidation issues as the accounts had ample funds.

As a result of the present situation the traders here and remote are not going to trade futures until mid January when hopefully the volume picks up. All have been instructed to trade only stocks as they are manageable unlike these 100 point moves in the es, nq etc in a few hours

Stocks I would agree it could be issues with the ecn's being down and acknowledging the executed order later as this has happened many times with us but with futures it is a different issues as either globex, nymex, ecbot are up or they are not.

It is not our internet for the record.

Re IB support I would have to agree overall, there has been a large improvement but the issue is they are not in a position to remedy or resolve the above issues.

We have had several responses from IB via tickets that basically tells us they will not accept responsibility we waive that when we sign our agreement with them and if we do not like it we are welcome to take action.
    They know that is not going to happen as if one ever decided to IB as most other brokers will freeze your account or liquidate it and hold the funds pending the outcome as they will hold you responsible for any legal costs incurred.

so again, IB imo is the best of the worst and I can bitch and complain as overall we make money.

w

#18     Dec 8, 2008