IB Unbundled rates for JPY

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by MidKnight, Nov 3, 2005.

1. Thanks for the reply Steve. Interesting you say the intention is to give discounts for high volume. For the majority of the products good discounts are given for minimal volume, this is why I was surprised it wasn't like that across the board for all products. I guess I had thought the main intent was to benefit short-term term traders so no carry costs would be bundled into the commission structure. My mistake.

Kind regards,
    MK

#11     Aug 21, 2006
  2. Dear MK,
    Your observation is correct.

From the commission table provided, there are only 15 products (most are JPY-denominated) that you have to pay more if you trade at the minimum volume under unbundled plan. Some may need to trade very high volume in order to benefit from the unbundled plan.

I agree that the charge of JPY-denominated products are crazy. It does not follow what most products enjoy. It may be better to trade JPY-denominated products in other brokerage.

#12     Aug 23, 2006
  3. Hi Trader_Herry,

Yes, I have recently been looking into that as an option as it doesn't sound like this is just an oversight on IBs part, but instead the intended result. JPY products are where I put most of my efforts.

Thanks for the comments.

Kindest wishes,
    MK

#13     Aug 23, 2006