IB unbundled always cheaper?

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by tyrant, Sep 3, 2008.

1. bbk

bbk

I have IB bundle. My commission was about $200 per day.
    I have read the unbundle way. it seem the unbundle is more expensive if my orders are market orders which remove the liquidity of the market. I do day trading on stocks, and occasinally with index futures. Can anybody tell me if I understand it correctly?
    Can I really save some of my dollars if I go with unbundle?

#11     Nov 21, 2008
  2. Bundled/unbundled is an independent choice for stocks and futures.

If you do not hold futures overnight then unbundled is the lower cost choice.

For stocks you would have to do calculations based on your volume, exchanges used and liquidity adding/taking.

#12     Nov 22, 2008
  3. jgold310

jgold310

I got charged the 10 cent fee for holding options on ES overnight. It is not per contract just a flat 10 cents.

#13     Nov 23, 2008
  4. For IB, what time does "overnight" start at?

4 PM?

#14     Nov 23, 2008
  5. You shouldn't be charged anything overnight for long futures options positions. As I said before: "What IB says on their website and what their software does are 2 different things."

The IB website say: "Carrying charges are applied for each net futures contract, net short call futures options, or net short put futures options on a single underlying for each calendar day the net futures position is held overnight."

Another piece of IB software implemented by a programmer who can't comprehend the spec and never tested by IB's software QA department.

#15     Nov 23, 2008
  6. Yes, I think this only happens when they overcharge people's money.

#16     Feb 2, 2009
  7. Can you select unbundled for futures and bundled for equities? I imahine not but it never hurts to ask.

#17     May 20, 2009
  8. Yes, as I said before in this thread "Bundled/unbundled is an independent choice for stocks and futures."

#18     May 20, 2009
  9. ben121

ben121

Hello,

I'm trading Bund futures options (eurex) and make about 500 roundturns per month. What is cheaper: bundled or unbundled?

Thanks

#19     Dec 23, 2010