IB: Unable to compute monetary value

Discussion in 'Order Execution' started by kashirin, May 11, 2011.

1. kashirin

kashirin

Interactive brokers doesn't allow to trade futures or futures options without open interest and gives error - unable to compute monetary value of the contract

I'm particulalry interested in currency futures options

Can anyone recommend a brokers which doesn't have this limitation and can trade all contracts listed on Globex no matter if it has open interest or not

2. Mirus Futures allows one to trade currency futures at pretty good margin.

Remember margin does change when markets close for futures. However, you can ask them what times during the day and night the markets so that you can close your position if you don't want to risk higher margin.

3. def

def Sponsor

That is not correct. If you want to let me know which contract in particular you're looking at I can ask someone to take a look. For example, I know the EuroStoxx contracts on the SGX have no open interest in July and the attached screenshot will show working orders that I just placed where there was no a bid ask.

4. kashirin

kashirin

What I'm trying to trade is new weekly currency futures options like this one. I have already contacted the support and was answered those kind of options are not tradable if there is no open interest

Underlying
    __
    CAD JUN'11 Futures

Security Type
    __
    FOP

Contract Month
    __
    MAY11

Expiration Date
    __
    MAY 13 '11

Strike
    __

Right
    __
    Call

Multiplier
    __

Trading Class
    __
    6C2

Exchange
    __
    GLOBEX__

Currency
    __
    USD

Region Name
    __
    America

5. ids

ids

We are not offering weekly FX options yet. Open interest does not matter.

6. ids

ids

CME weekly FX options are released to customers.

7. any idea when weekly options will be allowed to be traded? Grains are coming out with weekly options as well...

Also any timeline if ever on CSOs? Thanks.