IB UK Pension Trustee Account

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by M4-1, Jun 15, 2021.

1. M4-1

M4-1

hi..does anyone here have a UK Pension account with IB that is set up thru a trustee company..it is probably called a Self Invested Personal Pension (SIPP) account, but I might have the terminology incorrect?
    thx

2. ZBZB

ZBZB

Search on the IB website. There are three trustees that work with IB.

3. M4-1

M4-1

will do..thx

4. M4-1

M4-1

it was right in front of my face..even email contacts..

just like trading..thx

5. Will be curious to know how much this is going to cost you, and how easy it would be.

GAT

6. M4-1

M4-1

i am looking for a trustee company that can open a pension account for a non national..the problem is that my current pension product is specific to my country..so i am not sure if a UK trustee company can offer me anything..

2 have already said they can't help..1 is checking it out for me..

these pension products are ridiculous..as it is your own money..but tied up and eaten into by others..purely because of tax reasons!

7. Oh OK. I was wondering how easy it would be to open a SIPP via IB. I have a SIPP which is long only equities, but IB don't offer a SIPP. But in theory if you got a SIPP trustee to open an IB incorporated account then you'd be able to do it that way. However I imagine the cost would be ridiculous.

GAT

8. M4-1

M4-1

i had a SIPP with IB UK (corporate account and classified as a professional) but had to close due to brexit..

i was able to trade long only stocks..but was able to go long and short futures..so most of my trading was ES and then MES before my account had to be closed due to brexit!!

9. ZBZB

ZBZB

Just search on the IB website for the IB sipp account. Three companies offer it. You can even sell cash secured puts in it.

10. M4-1

M4-1

contacted them already..can't help as i am not in the UK..my account is not a SIPP but a different format of a personal pension..looks like i am screwed again for the moment..but no worries..i will find a solution..one way or another..thx

#10     Jun 17, 2021