IB UK jokes

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by OHLC, May 30, 2002.

1. Mike777

Mike777

I'm not trying harder. My commish is over $50 per day. They can try harder to get me not the other way round.
    :D

#11     May 31, 2002
  2. interesting topic I have 10 and more round turns too.

Are there any alternatives? I havn't found one. So for me personally I have to try harder especially as a 10 rt trader.

But if you know an alternative please let me know.

#12     May 31, 2002
  3. def

def Sponsor

I didn't realize there were problems other than a few e-mails I rec'd (I have little involvement with the european operation and thus am not in the loop). I'm bringing this to the attention of the US and Euro offices and hopefully things will improve quickly.

FYI, The process of having europeans having to open an account via IB UK is relatively new (the reason is money laundering regulations).

#13     May 31, 2002
  4. Mike777

Mike777

Just received this mail. I can read my address details as plain as day so I'll have to call them.

Dear Trader

Thank you for your email.

We have received all your documents but unfortunately the address document was
    not readable for us.
    Please resend this document so that we can approve your account.

Please click on the following link for to see which address document are
    accepted:

http://www.interactivebrokers.co.uk...orms/UKAdditionalIdentificationInfoIndiv.html
    :confused:

#14     May 31, 2002
  5. wild

wild

German, Austrian & Swiss account applicants go to

www.interactivebrokers.de ... "Informationen zum Konto" or "Konto eröffnen"

for more information/help see

www.aktienboard.com ... "Die Top Beiträge im Board" - "Interactive Brokers Help Section" - a 148 page thread with 88.905 "Hits" & 1.470 "Antworten"

hope this helps

regards

wild

#15     May 31, 2002
  6. dlincke

dlincke

Looks like at least I'm not alone with this neverending frustration.

I was offered to beta test the new Universal account and I'm finding myself now entering my third week of unsucessful attempts of trying to get those people at IB UK to be able to read the documents I fax them. What is most painful about the whole process is that it's taking them up to four days to respond. Today I received another cryptic failure email from them about my address document not being readable even though by now I had blown everything up by 100% so even the blind could decipher it. Now I guess I'll have to send everything a third time enlarged by 200% if that still fits on the paper. But for some reason I doubt this oddissey will end before I have everything translated into Braille.

I don't understand why I have to deal with IB UK in the first place. When I opened my other accounts with IB in 1999 and 2000 the whole procedure took no more than two days. My social security number was all that was needed and I never had to go through the hassle of sending them countless passport copies and address verification documents. If it weren't for IB UK I'm sure I would've been up and running with that account for two weeks now.

dave

#16     May 31, 2002
  7. dlincke... sorry about the problems you're having. I do like your sense of humor though - I couldn't stop myself from laughing. :D

"Today I received another cryptic failure email from them about my address document not being readable even though by now I had blown everything up by 100% so even the blind could decipher it. Now I guess I'll have to send everything a third time enlarged by 200% if that still fits on the paper. But for some reason I doubt this oddissey will end before I have everything translated into Braille."

#17     Jun 1, 2002
  8. babaorum

babaorum

Third week of unsuccessful attempts for me to have my account approved and I'm still waiting.
    The worst is that IB UK doesn't even answer to the e-mails I send them.
    I'm obliged to send them from time to time an e-mail with "Any news please" ?
    I'm really fed up of such incompetence.
    Last year it took only 1 day for IB US to approve my account !!

#18     Jun 24, 2002