IB TWS's forced upgrade (deadline 20061222)

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by isaac000, Dec 14, 2006.

1. sprstpd

sprstpd

How many days has the TWS given you the "warning: we are forcing you to upgrade soon" message? Could you not have upgraded at your leisure (i.e., when real money was not on the line) instead of the night before - to make sure that nothing adverse would happen when you did upgrade?

IB might be responsible for bad software or market data, but I would claim your unpreparedness is also to blame.

#41     Jan 5, 2007
  2. Xenia

Xenia

#42     Jan 5, 2007
  3. I upgraded yesterday with much trepidation but surprise! I had no quote issues whatsoever (this is just with futures), even after NFP's. In fact, smoothest first friday in a long time.

#43     Jan 5, 2007
  4. HOBO

HOBO

I just upgraded and wanted to try. But now IB servers don't work.
    So I am looking at some old versions of "jts.jar" file and see interesting file-size growth:
    2004 2.9MB
    2005 4.1MB
    2006 5.7MB
    2007 8.2MB (ver. 865)

TWS-865 promises to be another record breaking memory hog. They have increased the switch value for Max. heap size from 160M to 250M.

#44     Jan 7, 2007
  5. Bob111

Bob111

got another desupport message from IB today. anyone can confirm from past expirience that desupport means no login after deadline?

Thank you!

#45     May 23, 2007
  6. Quartz

Quartz

The prior forced upgrade meant you had to or else it would not let you log in. :/

#46     May 23, 2007
  7. The last one locked me out after the drop dead date, then when I upgraded I lost all my settings.

I'm starting to look forward to these mandatory upgrade dates like a prostate exam.

#47     May 23, 2007
  8. Bob111

Bob111

Thank you Quartz!

#48     May 23, 2007
  9. Oh joy -- I noticed today that the stop triggering outside of RTH bug which they fixed in 868 or so is now back and exists in 870, 871 and 872. I guess my orders that need to trigger outside of RTH will be going to other brokers. Thanks again IB for all the forced upgrades -- I feel secure knowing nobody can rob my account, but I'll instead lose money when my stops don't trigger.

#49     May 23, 2007
  10. Bob111

Bob111

that's typical IB installation approach. Usually it destroys all folders in TWS directory(even if folders did not belong to TWS) and second thing-they make settings files not comparable between some TWS versions.
    regardless to TWS version (standalone or browser) -after so many years of upgrades it still losing settings by itself from time to time, even if you not doing any upgrades. i have very large amount of tickers on few pages-some of them missing all the time. restore function doesn't help at all.
    They should fix those basic things before adding more whistles

#50     May 23, 2007