IB TWS's forced upgrade (deadline 20061222)

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by isaac000, Dec 14, 2006.

1. I lost all my damed settings now. I AM SICK OF THIS ALREADY.

ENOUGH

#31     Jan 5, 2007
  2. just21

just21

Click on file/restore and load the settings from a day whne they were good.

#32     Jan 5, 2007
  3. sprstpd

sprstpd

Did you try File-->Restore Settings (from a previous day) - or did that not work?

#33     Jan 5, 2007
  4. I got a parsing error. I tried all the settings.dayname.xml files; none worked.

Fortunately I take screenshots of my layout periodically and using column width and RGB settings was able to spend 30 minutes premarket restoring my platform.

Time well spent.

:mad:

#34     Jan 5, 2007
  5. Atlantic

Atlantic

could it be that you were using a pretty "old" version (like i did)?

if so - you have to update it not by using the update feature - you have to install the new version all over the old one.

i did this today - looks good so far.

#35     Jan 5, 2007
  6. Yeah that's what I did and was also at 855.5.

Oh well. When I'm forced out at gunpoint again in 15 months I'll worry then :D

#36     Jan 5, 2007
  7. roctrend

roctrend

I was forced to upgrade last nite due to old version, and the new version cost me thousands as i was short ZB and could not get out for an hour and 10 ticks off/above the lows, IB has thier IPO coming and Im leaving... good riddens IB. They force you to upgrade and thier newestversion has obvious flaws.! A-Holes

#37     Jan 5, 2007
  8. sprstpd

sprstpd

Sorry, no sympathy from me when you've been given plenty of warning of the impending upgrade. Being prepared is part of the job.

#38     Jan 5, 2007
  9. roctrend

roctrend

EFFF u Piker . THEY NEVER fORCED UPGRADE IN Past YOU Ahole. DONT FEEL SORRY FOR ME AS I MADE 5 FIGURES SHORT ZB You PiSS ANT, WUSSBAG.....

---------------------------

sprstpd

01-05-07 03:12 PM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Quote from roctrend:

I was forced to upgrade last nite due to old version, and the new version cost me thousands as i was short ZB and could not get out for an hour and 10 ticks off/above the lows, IB has thier IPO coming and Im leaving... good riddens IB. They force you to upgrade and thier newestversion has obvious flaws.! A-Holes
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry, no sympathy from me when you've been given plenty of warning of the impending upgrade. Being prepared is part of the job.

#39     Jan 5, 2007
  10. roctrend

roctrend

I was UPGRADED WussBAG, the prices were stale all night intermittently on varios contracts and early on new version.

-----------------------------------------------

#40     Jan 5, 2007