Ib Tws

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by syd697, Feb 22, 2006.

1. syd697

syd697

Maybe someone can help enlighten me. I've got 3 TWS's on my pc, one for each of 3 accts I watch. All are ver. 854.7 Two of them don't seem to have the columns for "OCA Group" or "P&L" available in the list. For the life of me I can't seem to find where those columns would be listed so I can add them to my TWS. Any help while I wait on hold with cust svc? Thanks.

2. bpl1000

bpl1000

i had the same prob.

under configure -> feature selector

i hope that helps.

3. syd697

syd697

That was it. Didn't dig deep enough. Thanks!

4. alanm

alanm

Do you really mean you've installed TWS 3 times? That's unnecessary. You only need one install and you can run it multiple times.

5. syd697

syd697

Yes you're right, one install, 3 logins. That's what I meant, alanm.

6. plugger

plugger

A little off topic but does anyone know about the Web platform offered by IB? I use the TWS but when I'm away from home, I would like to use the web platform but cannot access this (it won't start up). I can't find anything on the IB website which explains this. Thanks in advance.

7. def

def Sponsor

on the type right next to "login" there is a drop down menu and web trader is one of the choices.

also under the software menu, there is a choice for web trader with the sub-menus:
    software
    userguide
    system requirements
    http://www.interactivebrokers.com/en/software/webTrader/webtrader.htm

that should get you started.

8. rwk

rwk

I think the browser-based version requires Java, and if you are using somebody else's computer, Java may not be installed. Even if it works, I wouldn't recommend trading from somebody else's computer because of security concerns.

9. ids

ids

There is a Web Trader and there is a Web-based TWS. They are different creatures. Web Trader does not require Java.

10. plugger

plugger

Thanks for the replies and information.

#10     Feb 22, 2006