Ib Tws

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by Mercury77, Sep 21, 2005.

1. I am a new user of IB TWS for a couple of days now and I am very satisfied with it. I use the browser based version. But what I dont understand is that when I login at a different computer that none of my settings are saved even tough I always save the settings when I exit the TWS. Isnt it possible that no matter on what computer you log in you always have the same settings and pages or do you have to create the layout and pages you want on every computer you want to trade on?

Maurice

2. I think you will find the settings are saved on the local machine. The browser and stand alone TWS are basically the same thing.

3. Oke so if I understand you correctly the settings arent saved on their server ( except for the orders you put in i think) and you have to change the settings on every computer you work on?

4. Yes I believe that is the case. Somewhere in a subdirectory under IBJts there are files called

settings.*.xml

where * is a day of the week.

Not sure where it is on windows, as I use Linux.

5. range

range

In the ibjts directory, there wil be a folder that starts with the letter "d". In that folder, you will find the settings.* file. Copy that file into the other computer, in the same folder starting with the leter "d".

6. Thanks guys!

7. alanm

alanm

Does anyone know if there are problems copying a settings.xml from one account to another? One of my accounts didn't retain all my display settings when I copied it and I'd like to just clone the stuff from another account. Is it all in settings.xml now, or are there other files?