IB TWS

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by trader1, Jul 19, 2001.

1. def

def Sponsor

elie,
    no problem, i thought your message meant to say "keep repeating the postings and they will get the message". I diligently try to read this board and pass info of importance onwards and upwards. I mis-interpretted your message. No need to take this further. please accept my apologies. (we can all have an off day every now and then).

#11     Jul 24, 2001
  2. ron2368

ron2368

I would hope that people could feel free to air any complaints with IB software. If IB or any of its employees feel thet there is too much complaining then they can always ignore it to their own detriment. I would think that this easy and free type of feedback would be a godsend for any concerned software developer.

I say this since I just opened an IB acct last week and am in the process of trying the software. I dont see any serious issues with the software on these boards( seems like mostly small issues and cosmetics?).

RC

#12     Jul 24, 2001
  3. def

def Sponsor

ron,
    my first line stated comments/criticims are encouraged. as many comments are directed with the intention of me forwarding them along I took exception to the comment which i incorrectly interpretted as basically repeat the same thing over and over. I mis-read elies intentions and already expressed my regret for my comment. please lets not make my statement a big issue.

#13     Jul 24, 2001
  4. agent99

agent99

*Group Hug* :D.

#14     Jul 24, 2001
  5. agent99

agent99

A new beta build appears to be available:

Release Notes for beta 699 TWS/4

The enhancements and modifications below are in beta 699 of TWS/4. To identify the TWS build number, on the Help menu select About Trader Workstation. For clarification on any of the items listed, refer to the appropriate section in the User's Guide, or contact IB customer service.

Enhancements
    Set TWS to shut down automatically
    A new menu item, Auto Logoff Time, has been added to the Settings menu. This feature lets you set a time that your TWS session will be terminated automatically. By default, this feature is turned on and set to auto-logoff at 10:00 P.M. Note that the Auto Logoff Time feature is dependent on your system clock.

Transmit all orders on a trading page
    Use the Transmit Page command on the Order menu to transmit multiple orders on a selected page.

#15     Jul 25, 2001
  6. after reading the post about the new build I updated my TWs. However it is buikd 696a and does not have the features like log off time which were mentioned.

#16     Jul 25, 2001
  7. vitajex

vitajex

The beta version can only be accessed from the
    web page (I think).

Go to the IB home page, click the Trading System
    button, click the Getting Started With TWS link,
    scroll down and click on the TWS Beta Version link.

The link in question is on this page:

https://www.interactivebrokers.com/html/tws/aboutTWS2.html

-vitajex

P.S. I'm wondering about the disabled auto-routing
    features of ARCA and REDI. Does anyone know if they
    now behave as FOK orders or as Post No Pref orders?
    Thanks.

#17     Jul 25, 2001
  8. elie

elie

hi

it looks to me that this new beta version is java and not the installed version.

eli

#18     Jul 26, 2001
  9. tntneo

tntneo Moderator

the beta version is ALWAYS the internet explorer version. It is a beta therefore you should not use it for real trading. It is there for testing and see new features to come.

Usually the internet version of JTWS is updated next once the beta is approved by IB and then, the standalone version is updated.

neo

#19     Jul 26, 2001