IB TWS

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by trader1, Jul 19, 2001.

1. trader1

trader1

I was wondering if one of you IB experts can help me? Is there a way to get TWS to remember the chages I make to the individual columm sizes? I like to have certain columns larger and others smaller, but when I log off and then back on again, all the columns revert back to their default sizes? Also is there a way to get rid of the description column from the newest build? It's just taking up space.

Thanks

2. def

def Sponsor

never noticed that. doesn't look like you can save the column width right now. I'll make the suggestion. As for the description column, you can adjust the size and shrink it to save space.

3. doc777

doc777

I could have sworn i hit save settings and it saved the column size, at least the first column for sure.

4. ehlaban

ehlaban

Hello,

You definately could save the column width.
    But with the newer version 969? there are now
    3 first rows.
    It's very!!! annoying that this version will
    not save the width.
    For me this is a bug!

5. agent99

agent99

I agree about the description column. It's just taking up space (quite a bit of it). I'd love to see an option to hide it. And I'd also like to be able to save column width's. Right now as I have TWS sized, the Exchange column is way too small, and changes that I make to it aren't saved.

One thing that is great is that now you can delete a range of rows. That's been on my wishlist for quite awhile, and it works really well.

Some other wishlist items:

When you enter the symbol and the "contract selection" box pops up, i'd love a button at the bottom where you could select "All" so you can grab everything in one keystroke.

I'd love to be able to sort the Pages alphabetically. I have tons of pages and they are in no particular order (and the order seems to change). When i need to find a symbol quickly I have to hunt and it wastes time.

6. agent99

agent99

The "Account Information" page seems to have changed too, but not for the better.

In order to see the Value column, I have to expand the page to the entire width of the screen. If you make it smaller, the columns don't adjust, and they should.

Also, the color of the information on the left part of the page seems to have changed, and now looks really washed out making the the text really difficult to read. The text should be black.

7. I think TWS4 is getting worse, not better.Since all my quotes on a page are stock, I would like to hide that column. All the description columns should be individually hideable. And whoever posted that the account summary box is worse is correct. It takes up too much space now and the lettering should be black and more contrast so it can be seen at a glance.

8. elie

elie

hi

I think the more will complain here about the new changes in thsTWS4, the better.

I agree about the description column. It's just taking up space .And I'd also like to be able to save column width's. Right now as I have TWS sized, the Exchange column is way too small, and changes that I make to it aren't saved.

I think TWS4 is getting worse. the account summary box is terrible now. why????????
    It takes up too much space now and the lettering should be black and more contrast so it can be seen at a glance.
    please change it as soon as possible.

eli

9. def

def Sponsor

eli - please don't take my comments too harshly but you hit a nerve.

WRONG!!! well thought out and presented comments and criticism (hopefully constructive) are encouraged. I'm more than happy to pass them on to the respective parties. However complaining about the same things over and over on this site - give me a break. I'll just get tired of it. If the same issues/criticims are repeatedly rehashed on this board it would not be in the least bit helpful. For the most part I have found getting involved on this board an enjoyable experience. as soon as it becomes a chore or waste of my time, I'll stop. The comments on the width and valuation info where sent to the respective parties yesterday. Rome wasn't built overnight. It takes time to make changes and release new software. I think I've done a pretty good job at addressing this forums issues to the appropriate parties at IB. My track record speaks for itself - thus rather than your suggestion being constructive it could potentially be destructive.

10. elie

elie

Def

I dont understand why You took this message personally?
    I really appreciate Your efforts and help, as I think everybody here in this forum does appreciate Your engagement here.
    but please understand customers like me!
    I am always happy to see an upgrade, because i am awaiting new positive things. but this time it was a shock, and it is no fun, always when opening the TWS and change from one symbol to the other, one has to adjust the fields everytime new.
    sorry I want to trade and not play around with adjusting.
    Def, again I appologize if I did something wrong here. it wasnt intended.
    but I think this problem should be changed a soon as possible.

eli

WRONG!!! well thought out and presented comments and criticism (hopefully constructive) are encouraged. I'm more than happy to pass them on to the respective parties. However complaining about the same things over and over on this site - give me a break. I'll just get tired of it. If the same issues/criticims are repeatedly rehashed on this board it would not be in the least bit helpful. For the most part I have found getting involved on this board an enjoyable experience. as soon as it becomes a chore or waste of my time, I'll stop. The comments on the width and valuation info where sent to the respective parties yesterday. Rome wasn't built overnight. It takes time to make changes and release new software. I think I've done a pretty good job at addressing this forums issues to the appropriate parties at IB. My track record speaks for itself - thus rather than your suggestion being constructive it could potentially be destructive.

07-24-2001 05:03 AM

#10     Jul 24, 2001