IB - TWS with latest Java

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by moarla, Sep 17, 2008.

1. rc5781

rc5781

I was having problems with java 1.5.0_14 with latest tws as well....missing data that showed up as yellow dots for price bars with no volume...refreshing mades it worse (this problem always occurred right at market open 9:30am)

Last night I tried to run the latest tws in server mode with Java Version = 1.6.0_10-rc2 (this didn't work out so well, i was getting graphical errors)

Right now i'm running Java Version = 1.6.0_10-rc2 NOT in server mode with the latest tws. Seems to be working fine but the real test will be at 9:30am

In any case if it doesn't work here's what you can do:

If you trade ES and want an rth chart only, create an after hours ES chart and then magnify the rth hours. This works because at the open the chart is already connected to IB. I'm not sure why but the problem is with charts that attempt to refresh exactly at 9:30am.

#31     Sep 22, 2008

2. WOW!! just notice this latest java has solved my high memory usage problem.

javaw.exe on task mgr used to run 300-400mbs now only 70-80mbs.

Beautiful!:)

#32     Sep 22, 2008
  3. Akhil

Akhil

Hi All,

I am planning on scheduling a job in TWS using JSC, thsi job will be run on mainframe. I am very new to Tivoli.

Once the job is creted in Tivoli, i want to kick off this job using Tivoli through a .Bat or .CMD file.

Please let me know how to go about this. Where can i find the job details to run it from the .Bat file. As stated in the thread we can use the C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.6.0_24\bin\javaw.exe. Where do i get rest of the information to pass as a parameter to kick off the above job.

Thanks for the help.

#33     Mar 7, 2011